cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

Snifff
Adept II

rare/unreleased gpu w9000x2

i found this gpu and it seems like it doesnt exist on the internet does anyone have more info on it?

looks like the workstation variant of the firepro s10000 but it seems like they scrapped the idea of selling this one

its an engineering sample

Snifff_4-1667854895182.png

Snifff_5-1667854913596.png

902B59F8-9133-4FF3-8FC2-A221AE21BC5B.png

23 Replies
goosethesecond
Adept III

Probably wasn't released! This is dope though, let us know what else you find out! Try to get it to work? I wonder if any older drivers would even allow that to run?

IF this is in fact a AMD Professional GPU card it is a good chance that AMD Moderator for Pro GPUs might be able to identify that card @fsadough 

Snifff
Adept II

it would be nice if @fsadough could take a look at it.

i will post more info of the card when it arrives.

Hopefully it isn't a fake and it isn't defective.

There is a chance the person who had it originally might have changed the BIOS in that GPU Card since that is an Engineering test GPU card.

0 Likes

I added a extra pic that i got from the seller, it identifies itself as 2 w8000 gpus but the weird thing is there is no 3gb w8000.

it will arrive on Wednesday so looking forward to testing it

Snifff
Adept II

0 Likes
fsadough

This is an engineering sample FirePro S10000 Dual GDDR5 6GB

So they never thought about releasing a w9000x2? 
Because the S series would be for servers and the W series was for workstations.
How early off a sample would this be?

0 Likes

The housing used on engineering samples are random.  So, when you have an engineering sample (which you should not have in first place) don't pay attention to what it says on it. The release date of FirePro S10000 Dual GDDR5 6GB was 2014 and is already EOL'ed

is there a way to pull dates from those serial numbers?

0 Likes

Yes. The ULC sticker tells you as well. ULC 1208 represents YYMM, whereas the serial number gives you YYWW (year and week).

0 Likes

so that means its quite an early sample right?

looking forward to getting it, will post the bios to techpowerup

0 Likes

As I said, it is an engineering sample and no idea how you got your hands on it. You will have no warranty and no support.

0 Likes

i bought it as a collection item and hoped you knew more about it

0 Likes

You bought that Engineering Sample GPU at an Auction House or Company by any chance?

Or from a private person?

0 Likes

private person, i hope the naming isnt just a sticker 

0 Likes

Good luck

0 Likes

so you wouldnt know anyone that could have worked on these cards that could tell us a bigger story?

0 Likes

In my opinion, Since your GPU card wasn't meant to be sold to the Public it seems like it was just meant to be used In-house by the AMD GPU Engineers or for compatibilty testing purpose by OEM Manufacturers.

Found this Reddit thread concerning GPU Engineering Sample: https://www.reddit.com/r/lowendgaming/comments/mux35n/engineering_sample_graphics_card/

What is interesting is that Nvidia requested to TechPowerUp to block all traffic to the website if it senses a Nvidia Engineering Sample GPU card being installed or used: https://www.tweaktown.com/news/88353/gpu-update-blocks-engineering-sample-leaks-shows-dlss-version/i...

0 Likes

it will arrive tomorrow and then im hoping to find answers for these questions.

have to buy a mini dp to dp adapter first though.

0 Likes
Snifff
Adept II

could someone pull some info from the text on those asics?

Image[3].jpeg

Image.jpeg

  

Image[8].jpeg

Image[7].jpeg

let me know what you guys think?

Knipsel.PNG

0 Likes

Same Specs as my AMD S10000

0 Likes