cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

lorcav123
Adept I

Random black screen problem

I have random black screen (I think that my monitor stay ON, it doens`t turn OFF). It happens very rarely. I don`t have freesync monitor. My GPU is RX 580 8GB. PSU is EVGA G2 750W. I found many similar post about black screen. Is it GPU fault or Windows 10? I am planning to reinstall win10 soon, I haven`t updated GPU drivers more than 7 months and my windows is still on version 1703 (usually windows update make a mess of my system so I turned them off). Stress test, CPU and RAM are stable.

I found this post:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/7zdbjt/do_any_amd_gpu_users_still_experience_the_random/

So driver problem?

0 Likes
8 Replies
mk_9090
Journeyman III

Hi There!

Currently having the same sort of issue but its happens far more regularly then you suggest, hard to test if it rarely happens but for me uninstall the AMD drivers has fixed the issue. 

But it only started with a windows update so i would put money on the driver and Windows update just not playing nicely.

Hope that helps.

0 Likes

I can tell you the current Windows 10 has gone through a couple of standards changes and that the current AMD Drivers are Optimized for the current version 1809. You would have to be using drivers 1.5 years old to be optimized for 17.03 so possibly that could be your issue? Not really sure. You can always try clean installing your driver and see if that helps. You can also get official AMD support here:  Online Service Request | AMD 

0 Likes
lorcav123
Adept I

Thank you both for answers. I think I will wait a little bit for Windows May update than completely reinstall windows. I am very sure that this must be some driver problem because of high number of users with same problem. We`l see.

You may very well be correct. You should at least let AMD know about the issue you are having at the link I gave you. The more people that let them know the more they realize they have a problem to fix. 

ceponatia
Journeyman III

I just started having this problem today and have had my 580 for 4 weeks. I bought a new monitor with freesync and all that jazz yesterday and it worked perfectly fine up until an hour ago. I'm not sure what would have changed to make it suddenly stop working. I didn't update any drivers or anything. It only happens while I'm gaming and I've been gaming all day to try out the new monitor and it worked perfectly fine until around an hour ago. I'm at a loss. Can anyone help?

Yesterday I sent email about this to AMD. When they answer I will post here. 

They told me yesterday to send them DXdiag information, I sent them.  Today they answered to me that I delete driver with DDU and install latest for RX 580. I told them I will do that after Windows may update after I reinstall windows.

How often do you have black screen? Did you try other cable?

I am confident taht this is a driver or windows 10 problem...

0 Likes
-sum1-
Adept I

Does your problem reflect this problem? I know for a fact that a lot of the replies in the Reddit post you linked did have this problem.

https://community.amd.com/message/2935926 

0 Likes