cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

Usernaem
Journeyman III

Random Black Screen on boot up 6800xt

I have the MSI 6800xt and MSI b550 and the ryzen 5950x and was having a torrid time with the wattman default settings warnings,

So I clean uninstalled and installed just the latest GPU driver and the latest chipset switched the fast startup off (why do I even need to do that ?) and now I am getting a black screen on launch (randomly)

I do not do, nor have any interest in overclocking, I do not have any AMD free sync enabled, but I do have a freesync enabled monitor, this does not occur when the PC is in use, only randomly during boot, I have not had any problems gaming, though I seldom do any gaming.  I am seeking help with a solution and also what is causing the problems

Event view reports 3 errors when this problem occurs

Log Name: System
Source: Application Popup
Date: 19/03/2022 15:24:53
Event ID: 1060
Task Category: None
Level: Error
Keywords: Classic
User: N/A
Computer: NewBuild
Description:
The description for Event ID 1060 from source Application Popup cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event:

\??\C:\Windows\Temp\Atiflash\atidgllk.sys

The message resource is present but the message was not found in the message table
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Source: Service Control Manager
Date: 19/03/2022 15:24:53
Event ID: 7000
Description:
The atidgllk service failed to start due to the following error:
This driver has been blocked from loading
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Source: Service Control Manager
Date: 19/03/2022 15:24:51
Event ID: 7000
Description:
The AMDRyzenMasterDriverV19 service failed to start due to the following error:
The system cannot find the file specified.

0 Likes
5 Replies
ThunderBeaver
Miniboss

Run the program DXDIAG to check your display and audio drivers.

Try an sfc /scannow in Command Prompt as admin to check OS. One error showed possible corrupted data.

Also run Command Prompt as admin CHKDSK C:/f for a fast check of your storage integrity.

Is your CPU MOBO chipset software up to date and is your windows updated with the latest .Net Framework.

Any of these can cause the issue you are dealing with you may even need a MOBO BIOS update.

If you are running MSI afterburner uninstall it. MSI afterburner is known to cause issues for AMD GPU's since it is optimized for Invidia GPU's. 

0 Likes
Quintilian
Journeyman III

I am having the same issue on my MSI Gaming X 6900XT. I have done everything listed. Even did a fresh install of windows and still get black screen on any time I go for a restart. Had to put a 2070 Super in to just get through the fresh install of windows. Is there anywhere that has the prior drivers to try to rollback the most recent drivers to see if that helps? 

System specs
Ryzen 5800x
MSI 6900xt gaming X
Gigabyte X570 I
Artic liquid freeze 240
GSkill Trident RGB 3600 32gb
Cooler master V850 SFX
Lian Li Q58
0 Likes

I don't know if you are running multiple monitors but for me there is no black screen when I only have one monitor plugged into the DVI port. When I have both my monitors plugged in then it black screens on restarts. I am going to get some new cables and see since mine are a couple of years old now but it is a work around for me for now. I am still testing. 

System specs
Ryzen 5800x
MSI 6900xt gaming X
Gigabyte X570 I
Artic liquid freeze 240
Cooler master V850 SFX
Lian Li Q58
0 Likes

Single monitor.

ViewSonic 50" OLED UHD 4K Smart Monitor.

You don't have to put extra strain on your GPU by running multiple monitors. A larger monitor running split screen mode I have found creates a smaller performance and power demand on my build. 

Make sure the cables you get can handle at least 50% greater FPS than your monitors max FPS rate. This will help reduce input lag when your apps encounter FPS spikes. Also running Radeon Chill and setting your preferred minimum and maximum refresh rates has severely reduced black screen issues for me. I also find that Enhanced Sync is more stable on my build than any other sync option.

Keep us apprised of your PC responses to how your changes affect the performance especially if it solves the issue. This helps us by having more solutions on hand when similar issues arise in the future. 

0 Likes

After much trial and error. My problem was the PCEI gen 3 vs gen 4. The black screens happened on gen 4 or auto and did not black screen on gen 3. Sucks that I can't use gen 4 but rather have a working PC than not. 

System specs
Ryzen 5800x
MSI 6900xt gaming X
Gigabyte X570 I
Artic liquid freeze 240
Cooler master V850 SFX
Lian Li Q58
0 Likes