cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

Horatio
Journeyman III

Radeon vs Project Zomboid. Who is right?

I am sincerely trying to understand. I have a PowerColor Radeon RX 580 8gb Red Dragon. Project Zomboid is playing just awful. At the same time, I constantly read that Nvidia users have no problem. What is the problem? Is the video card weak for this game? Or drivers? Or is it a game? Who can help to understand this issue? The technical support of the game answers me that everything is OK on their part.

0 Likes
5 Replies
blazek
Volunteer Moderator

What issues are you experiencing exactly?

0 Likes

Can't get good fps. I lowered all settings and disabled vital graphics. I have improved the situation a little. But I still go down to 40 fps. In this case, the video card always works at about 30 percent in this game. Changing the graphics settings does not affect the occupancy of the video card.
My build.
Motherboard: gigabyte x470 aorus gaming 7 wifi (latest bios).
CPU: Ryzen 5 2600x with boost to 4.2MHz.
Memory: 16 GB DDR4-3200 DDR4 SDRAM (16-18-18-38 @ 1600 MHz)
OC: Windows 10 x64 (latest update).
SSD: Samsung SSD 970 EVO 500GB (500GB, PCI-E 3.0 x4) - System and game are installed here.

0 Likes

Have you assigned the high performance graphics to the game?

Settings / System / scroll down to 'Graphics Settings'

Screenshot_6.png

0 Likes

It didn't help, zero reaction.

0 Likes

OpenGL is not used by many games and I noticed a very large increase in performance on the 6700 XT vs 480/580 except I have not tried the specific game Project Zomboid. You can find lots of information about AMD cards and OpenGL, the problem is it's not used much so the fact it runs at only 40 FPS on your card is pro/con as in it works but it's slow.

0 Likes