cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

cdaly
Journeyman III

Radeon VII showing up as Radeon instinct mi50

The Radeon 7 I just purchased has a problem where Windows 10 while not load a driver for it and either will the adrenaline software. Using GPUZ It identifies the card ID but no bios ID. The card ID comes up as 1002 66a0. It's not the full ID but it is the same as the Radeon instinct not the Radeon VII. Has anyone else had this problem? Support send me to warranty and warranty I need to contact the manufacturer of the card which in this case is AMD according to the 1002 ID. I believe the card is booting but when I try to boot into Ubuntu, the OS does not finish booting. Unplug the card and the OS boots. The card does warm up after being powered for a while, so I know it is at least getting power to the GPU die. 

0 Likes
1 Reply

Your missing some ID numbers which will be the Vendor, but that should be on the box with serial & part numbers, barcodes which should match those on the card stickers.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes