cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics

khun_doug
Elite

Re: Radeon VII problems

I hear ya and feel your pain. Nothing more aggravating than being in the middle of something or even close to the end of and the monitors go black. GRRRRR!!! In your case, 1100 mV is close to the 1119 mV I needed. I would try dropping the clock in increments of 20. So try running at 1880 and 1100 and see if you if that stops the crashes. Ultimately, there is the heat factor to contend with.

Once you get a stable frequency and voltage please post it. These cards are new enough that people will find this information rather valuable as guides to their own fine-tuning.

shadowrulerx
Adept II

Well i have already placed an order for the Bykski waterblock. I heard that vega cards really love to be on water cooling. The junction temperature always gets up too high if you dont undervolt the card on air

Once again the issue is that Each card is different, each one I have seen has different stock frequencies and voltages. you may not get the same result as the next person.  

0 Likes
shadowrulerx
Adept II

So update here, with my cpu overclock pushed back to stock i havent had any instability so far. Going to test previous settings on card now and see if it was cpu or not

0 Likes
shadowrulerx
Adept II

So new update, i am currently stress testing my radeon vii at 1801mhz and 1001mV. So far no crashing and its 28min in. Its plausable that my cpu OC was causing random stability issues? Will update when i know more.

Ok so when you're done, incrementally increase your CPU Clocks and go from there.  Once you get a crash back it down.  I use Cinebench and OCCT for stressing, I stay away from Prime95. 

0 Likes
shadowrulerx
Adept II

So i can confirm that my cpu overclock is what was causing my instability. Out of curiosity i pushed my cpu back up to 3.9ghz and got a hard lock crash after 2 hours of gaming. When with it at 3.8ghz i can run games all day. My advice to anyone else having this sort of issue is to eliminate other variables and focus only on one item at a time. So far i am runing everythibg at 1801mhz and .993V

0 Likes

That's interesting, My CPU Overclock is WAYYY over Boost Clock Max and I don't crash.  I'm on a Liquid AIO though.  

0 Likes
shadowrulerx
Adept II

Maybe i just got bad silicone? With this new setup im running games with a max junction temp of 85c atm though, so im good with that for now haha

0 Likes