cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

llannihilatorll
Journeyman III

Radeon VII not recognizing my second display anymore.

ANNIHILATORToday at 10:23 AM

Alright, I know there are a few examples of my problems in forums. However the solutions seems to not lead me to a fix. Plz anyone I cannot get my second display to detect by my Radeon VII. My primary display is BenQ XL2540 connected to a display port and my second display is an 55" Samsung 8000 series LCD HDR 4k TV using HDMI port. This has worked no problem until a few days ago. Trying to use virtual super resolution in game didn't seems to work and i was playing with resolution settings(In gpu).... I might have clicked on eyefinity and the screen flickered but then from that point forward the other dispaly didnt show up in settings on my computer. I didn't actually change anything with eyefinity, maybe just resolution in normal settings after clicking on eyefinity and the screen flickering. Updating display driver did not work, rolling back and re updating did not work. one person mentioned a bios update but the link they gave to do it doesnt work and i would like to be walked through something like that i have never done. If somone here thinks that it really my problem
0 Likes
3 Replies
llannihilatorll
Journeyman III

Ok so now I have an update. I tried unplugging the primary display to see if it would default to the display not being recognized. Nothing happened it did not work. I reset all the settings on my Radeon VII and did it again. To my surprise the computer switched to my TV display. Now that this TV is recognized by my PC I have tried plugging the monitor back in. Only my TV can be recognized now and not my monitor. Its as if the ability to use multiple displays is disabled. I do not know what to do

0 Likes
llannihilatorll
Journeyman III

OK so I have a disappointing solution to this problem. I tried all the usual things suggested and nothing was working, then I went to windows display settings options one last time to look for extend displays setting.... Someone on AMD discord suggested, even though I had tried many times that recommendation to no avail, the multi display settings that wouldn't show up before were now available. So yes the solution could be any of the things I tried, however it was doing nothing at the end but trying to change the settings as if nothing was wrong ended up being my solution. This is confusing to say the least, if anyone else reads this and has a similar problem I suggest checking out AMD on discord. I received lots of advise to try and fix the problem, its by chance that my problem disappeared before trying to use that advice. 

0 Likes
khun_doug
Elite

The easiest and simplest way to undo an accidental adjustment that went wrong is put things back to a state where things work, and go forward. Uninstalling and reinstalling doesn't necessarily erase all the settings that can carry forward between installs.

There is a free utility on Internet called DDU, Display Driver Uninstall. Grab the latest copy, bring the PC up in Safe Mode, use the utility to wipe out all traces of the previous install and settings, and then reinstall to the version you want. I would suspect the ideal choice would be to install the current driver as it has the latest bug fixes. This will allow you set the Eyefinity, etc. That should set your situation to rights.

0 Likes