cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics

Highlighted
Adept II
Adept II

Re: Radeon VII flickering and artifacts when attaching a second monitor.

Sigh..

Yep they don't care. I've given up and I am just waiting for some stock on the new Nvidia 3080s. 

This was the last straw for me in regards to their GPUs. 1200 on a card and 0 real support.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adept II
Adept II

I'm surprised they at least responded on that post... Hopefully something comes of it, but it will likely be too late by that point. 

As for me, flickering is super rare anymore and only happens when I scroll to a specific position on a webpage, not always the same webpage, and not always the same position, depends on its mood... Scrolling up and down one notch on my scroll wheel makes the flickering stop. This is only an issue once a week max, combined with the ability to make it stop nearly instantly and I can tolerate it.

I'm not sure exactly what I did but it is something software related as when I reinstalled windows the flickering was back in force (boy do I wish I could reinstall it as this windows install is pretty jacked up since I installed build 2004). The only thing I know I did was the TDR fix (Graphics driver stopped responding and has recovered....TDR fix). Sorry I cant be of more help, I'm just happy the card is tolerable for the time being!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adept I
Adept I

Did the TDR fix help you with hard crashes for you or just soft driver restart crashes ? I might give it a try regardless, but I hard crash as soon as I drag one chrome/firefox window onto the other monitor.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adept II
Adept II

Oh, wow, I've never had it that bad regarding crashing. I did have some crashes when doing hw acceleration things like watching video on reddit. I haven't had that issue in a long time, I did try disabling hardware acceleration on the programs that used it a while back, including chrome, but I just checked and at some point I decided it didn't help and enabled it again. Hopefully the TDR fix helps for you!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adept II
Adept II

Just sold my VII because of these issues (and, two days before Big Navi announcement, got more than what I paid for it originally somehow). Will wait for 6900XT's release.

0 Kudos