cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics

gamedesigndude
Adept I

Re: Radeon VII flickering and artifacts when attaching a second monitor.

BTW I realized the issue at the RMA site. The message was to check your cable configuration passive vs active and proper cable plugs. So I remember having the old DVI DisplayPort adapter!
I'm only 2 monitors in but once I get the other active DisplayPort adapter for the Vive I should be good to go! 
Right now I have Unreal, 3ds Max, Photoshop, and Unity HUB Open on 2 monitors:
Sony 900f on left 3840x2160 through the DVI displayport
Samsung 8000 3840x2160 through HDMI
DSC_2019_LI.gif

active_dp.gif

after_dp_plugged.gif

0 Likes
colebob222
Adept I

It doesn't sound like you had the exact same issue as most of us. The fact that driver 19.5.2 was able to temporarily fix the issue for a lot of us is pretty strong proof that we are experiencing a driver issue. I am using a display port certified cable and no adapters, but still get the flicker with more than one display connected.

0 Likes
omalak
Adept II

gamedesigndude‌ thanks for those insights.

I think as colebob222 mentioned, it seems your issues are a bit different than most. I am not using any adapters. i ahve my primary connected directly to the RVII via a displayport cable (certified 1.4) and then my secondary screen is connected directly via high speed HDMI. 

the second screen is 800x640 its used for system stats. Regardless though, even if i replace it with a full sized monitor i still get flickering. I do not have another freesync monitor to test with 

so the tests i have done are  with

32in144hz Freesync monitor / 800x640 HDMI screen

32in 144hz Freesync / 24inch Dell monitor

Dell Monitor / 800x640 HDMI screen

I have tried a variety of cable combinations

DP/DP

DP/HDMI

DP/HDMI-DP CONVERTER-DP 

Same thing.. 

Going to run a few other combos today if I can

UPDATE: New Driver Rleased Today! Anyone have success with 20.4.2? I'm testing right now initial results show significantly less flicker. but im only on the first hour of testing. will cycle a few different screens and see what i get.

0 Likes
gamedesigndude
Adept I

Copy that.

Yeah I have the XFX Radeon VII and their site shows these suggestions before submitting RMA.
pastedImage_1.png

OR

pastedImage_2.png

der_eismann
Journeyman III

Just to let you guys know - I had really bad flickering issues with a 4K and a WQHD 144 Hz screen attached via DisplayPort. However after someone mentioned it earlier I raised the idle voltage from something around ~750 mV to ~820 mV and since then the flickering is completely gone for me. Sometimes the voltage is resetting, so it's still not perfect, but at least for me it's a good workaround until Big Navi arrives.

evaneverlose
Adept I

With driver 20.4.2, the monitor continues to flicker. Nothing has changed. It was 2020... I wrote to the Sapphire support service. I wonder if they know anything about this problem? 

nickatron
Adept II

Sadly I'm having similar results with 20.4.2. Still getting a bit of flickering, it seems to be reduced but it usually seems that way for the first few days. I have not yet had a blackscreen yet aside from the relive instant replay bug that they claimed to have fixed...

omalak
Adept II

issue persists with 20.4.2 . false sense of hope. still testing with other combinations though :/

evaneverlose
Adept I

<That looks like like hardware issue? Please provide a copy of the purchase receipt and send it tech@althonmicro.com for warranty request.> This was answered in Sapphire support. Who else has a guarantee send the video adapter.

0 Likes
omalak
Adept II

Its good you can still send it in. AMD only warrants their purchases for 1 year.. not sure where the logic is on that when AIB partners offer more. If you do send it in let us know if the replacement exhibits the same issues. From previous posts it looks like the issues continue to persist. :/

I've noticed random GPU clock spikes happening as well. even when i might be sitting idle on the desktop. odd.

0 Likes