cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics

nylisto
Journeyman III

Re: Radeon VII flickering and artifacts when attaching a second monitor.

19.6.3 had the issue fixed. Navi gets released along with new drivers and the issue is back. Very annoying, especially considering we all had to wait months for the problem to be fixed in the first place... The wait continues. Maybe someone on amd's driver team will provide us with the fix in 3-4 months time if we are lucky.

shinkojiro
Miniboss

I personally did not see a return of the flickering issue. Just... new issues such as the brightly colored green or purple screens.

With 19.7.4 now I still got the green screen once upon restarting my PC. But, Logging out (of windows to windows loggin screen) fixes it.

0 Likes
thatnerdgui
Adept I

19.6.1 used to work fine for me. Since 19.7.X was released I got multiple issues. 

Flickering came back

Memory frequency gets stuck at 1 value (350Mhz from . 7.1-.7.3 and 1000MHz on .7.4)

Second screen has a green rain when screen turns back on (after sleep for example)

Grey 2nd screen on boot

Fans stuck at full speed after reaching 100%

Driver crashes 

All these issues are still present (or getting new ones) and somehow customer support still ask me to try their latest drivers to 'fix' my issues. They're freaking useless... 

0 Likes
hunterxiv
Adept I

Well, it's definitely been awhile since I've checked in on these forums.  Driver 19.5.2 fixed my issues by about 99%.  I still had minor instances, but I adapted to them and they became hardly noticeable.  Was playing Diablo 3 today and twice my monitor went black and restarted itself.  I had changed nothing, and the previous night gaming wise, I had zero issues.  I decided to update my graphics drivers because it had been some time.  Currently on update 19.7.5 and unfortunately, I have to report that the screen flickering is back.  Updating my drivers didn't pose any noticeable issues.  My computer restarted perfectly find, and everything worked.  As soon as my computer booted up, and I went back to browsing online, I noticed that dreadfull black flicker that happens momentarily.  As I type this, it's constantly happening.  Hopefully AMD gets this 100% sorted out, it's been a few months now since it was seriously reported.  I really have nothing bad to say against AMD, as their products have always worked for me and given me 100% satisfaction.  But this flickering is driving me utterly insane.

0 Likes
zoart
Journeyman III

Just to say that it is not limited to Vega or RADEON VII cards. I have a RX 580 card and it flickers as well. I tried a RX 580 dual OC asus and a RX 580 pulse sapphire. Both exhibited the same problem. I get flickering artifacts, even blinking, which is flickering it black or even green. It is also very random.

Even with the latest driver 19.8.1. It seems to flicker my screen when it is idle, browsing, but I mostly see it when I'm watching twitch. It is driving me insane because I am trying to find a fix but so far I have not seen a fix as of yet.

0 Likes
lionheart0179
Adept I

Unfortunately, this issue persists for me. It was never fixed in my case. Made better or worse depending on the driver. I've pretty much given up on this being resolved. The last driver without issue for my Vega 64 was 18.12.1.1. Going forward, I might try a 5700 XT. As a last resort I might go Nvidia at this point. I just want to browse the web and use Steam without flickering and artifacts again!!!

0 Likes
zoart
Journeyman III

This issue is really bothersome and it kind of makes me angry. I've tried 2 different 580 GPUs, they cause artifacting and black screen flicker. I tried formatting, reinstalling drivers, bought a new psu a new PSU, but the problem persists.ALso tried 3 different DP cables.

0 Likes
lionheart0179
Adept I

Yeah, it's infuriating. I've tried formatting, two different DP cables, HDMI 2.0, nothing changes. I don't know what they changed in the drivers, but the 19.x series has been nothing but a mess for me. You said you have trouble watching Twitch. For me, it stops immediately when any video is playing and gaming is perfect. If I go to Twitter or any other site with a lot of static images, also Steam, it's a disco on my screen. But only sometimes. Funny thing is my wife has a RX580, dual screens, zero issues.

0 Likes
zoart
Journeyman III

Yea, except it's hard to recreate my issue. It's very random, like it can be fine for hours and then it flickers, some times in a row. But it always happens on the desktop. But yea for me it is when I'm watching a stream or couple of them, I can somewhat speed it up if I open a couple of twitch streams at once and do whatever I need to on the side. But I haven't seen it in games as of yet.

Like I said, it happens pretty randomly, I doubt it's a hardware issue seeing that I replaced my gpu already with another brand, from asus to sapphire.

0 Likes
lionheart0179
Adept I

Yeah, it's definitely not hardware. It's pretty random for me too. I can read news and Twitter most of the evening sometimes with little or no problem. Then I'll open Chrome or Firefox back up to check something quick, and BAM, artifacting like hell. Sometimes the nonsense begins as soon as I start using the PC. I don't know if it's because my screens have different refresh rates? Mine are 240/60hz. My wife's screens are both 144hz. I have no interest in buying another Alienware AW2518HF just to test it.

0 Likes