cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics

paulchenp
Adept I

Re: Radeon VII flickering and artifacts when attaching a second monitor.

For me as well...
After updating (without any DDU this time) I returned to full refresh rate on the primary monitor and thought to be flicker free. But now I also saw the black lines you mentioned while having the browser open (hardware acceleration turned on since some days) - even though for me it more looks like a black bottom half of the screen or even a full black frame being displayed.

But I can confirm, it's WAY better, but not fully fixed!

ryannathans
Adept II

Now I just get the occasional large flicker/artifact...

nebaneba
Journeyman III

For me all problems have been resolved since the latest update. Most problems would occur when I had 2 or more GPU intensive tasks running at the same time or when I would release lots of VRAM etc

Now I can finally play at 240fps and render stuff in the background without getting a seizure. thanks

0 Likes
teslap100
Adept I

Purchased a Sapphire Radeon VII last Friday and I am getting flickering at random intervals and driver crashes (but recovers) on desktop while browsing Firefox, Excel, Word ... Strangely I have not had a single crash other than flickering while gaming, even with a undervolt and +150 on HBM. Other than that I have had one occurrence where after stepping away from my PC a bit upon waking up my monitor, the colors were inverted/purple hue, but this was fixed by switching my monitors off and on.

I am using the new 19.5.2 driver and a Startech (DP2DVID2) DP to DVI active adapter on my main monitor (Benq xl2411z - 144 hz) and the DP on my second monitor (xl2420t - 120 hz). I just want to know if this is indicative of a hardware failure or just a bug while I am still in my return window from Amazon... Overall my shot with AMD has not been a pleasant one so far...

shinkojiro
Miniboss

I haven't seen a single screen flicker/corruption/artifact since the update.

0 Likes
pschorr1123
Adept I

I have been having similar issues described as above ever since I upgraded my 2nd display from a 1080p TV to a 4k TCL Roku tv. with an Acer XF270HU for Primary display.

I have a Gigabyte Vega64 Liquid on Win 10 1903. I have had issues on all drivers since last summer. I am currently on 19.2.1.

I have used several different HDMI 2.0 cables to see if cable was bad and had to drop the refresh rate from 60 to 30 otherwise I get very bad artifacting @ 4k 60 during YOUTUBE playback etc. At 30 or 29 hz I get random black screens which is very annoying.

2700X on Asrock X370 Taichi

16GB Gskill F43600C16D GVK

Samsung 970 evo nvme OS drive

0 Likes
strikeur
Adept II

The problem is back againt with a Radon VII under Win10 1903.
Driver : Adrenalin 2019 Edition 19.7.1 Optional

ryannathans
Adept II

This problem has reoccurred since updating to 19.7.1. I did not have this problem on 19.6.x.
Radeon VII on Win 10 1809

Monitors 144hz (1440p) + 60hz (1080p)

colebob222
Adept I

I just updated from 19.6.3 to 19.7.2, and I can confirm that the exact same issue is back.

All specs the same as my original post except running windows 10 1903.

petbb
Adept I

All issues are back on 19.7.1, 19.7.2 and 19.7.3 drivers. Also Freesync works only on one(random) connected display now. It worked fine on 19.6.3 with more than 1 displays at the same time.