cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics

colebob222
Adept I

Re: Radeon VII flickering and artifacts when attaching a second monitor.

Yeah the issues go away when I set my primary to 60Hz to match my secondary. Conker2009's fix is more optimal for me though. I can just leave my monitor at 120Hz until this gets fixed.

0 Likes
ryannathans
Adept II

Slightly off topic, but where did you get the UEFI firmware? 

0 Likes
colebob222
Adept I

0 Likes
paulchenp
Adept I

After trying out the custom resolution window for one or two days (the setup was really more try and error than I thought) I can agree with that. My setup turned from 160hz + 75hz with much flicker to 150hz + 75hz with hardly any flickering ! (didnt change the resolutions, only the refresh rate on the primary screen)
Even though I still think to have seen some artifacts sometimes in a long browsing session (so it is no complete fix, but a pretty usable result).

0 Likes
shinkojiro
Miniboss

Well, I can live with 120hz on main monitor and 60hz on secondary monitor until they fix it in the drivers.

Ive had many of the same issues but with only a single 1440p 144hz monitor, black screen/no signal, hang ups, often recovering fine like nothing happened afterwards or requiring hard resets, none of the fixes suggested worked for me, but the new bios amd released fixed a huge amount of my problems i was having with my radeon vii. 

Though im not sure if 100% there as having occasional white/black lines/bars appear for a milisecond on screen semi frequently, but in game its been flawless now.

conker2009
Adept I

I actually have a VII from AMD that was in their test center to test various settings. I provided them with videos and feedback. Also let them know 19.3.3 doesn't fox the issue. Engineering is setting up more test beds to help them see the issue and they are working on it so hopefully, we won't have a long wait.

conker2009
Adept I

Hey all,

I just got off the phone with a engineer from AMD about this very issue. They were able to reproduce the issue and there's a big push to fix the issue. They're still looking into root cause but looking to get a fix out to us ASAP. They were able to reproduce the issue using an active DP-DVI but we could look at trying a passive DP-DVI adapter. That's not saying that that is the issue, just something to potentially look at. I'll be looking at mine later tonight just to see what mine is doing. 

Thank you all for your patience with this and I have full faith that AMD is working hard to resolve this. They've seen this thread and want to take care of this asap. Have a great weekend everyone!

colebob222
Adept I

I've noticed the same issues using either an active DP to DVI adapter, or a passive HDMI to DVI adapter on the same secondary monitor. I've also had the issues using a TV as my secondary monitor with direct HDMI connection and no adapter, so I'm not confident the issue has to do with adapters in particular. Good to hear an update from engineering though, thanks!

0 Likes
conker2009
Adept I

It doesn't have to do with it directly, just a possible cause.  But now we know that an adapter lonely isn't what's going on for all of us. Cheers!

0 Likes