cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics

diohas
Adept III

Re: Radeon Vii fan speed not increasing

Its broken card, 0 support from amd, total disaster and waste of money if you take this card for gaming

ruswolf
Adept I

No-no-no !

I like this powerfull card. And as i see, card is no broken. I think - problem with power line.

xlox
Miniboss

maybe something was not inserted well physically, or maybe it resetted something in bios , or a bad connection made as been reconnected by manipulating hardware .., sometime when installing a new gpu you have to reset cmos or load "default settings" so by disconnecting some hardware it changed something somewhere

0 Likes
bassmek2
Adept I

Sorry for brining this subject back up but there has been no fix  found , or maybe there has been, but I have yet to find it.

Problem is fan speeds stay around 850 to 920 bouncing back and forth to higher speeds but only for milliseconds at higher

speeds not long enough to cool anything.. I've tried different bios from different cards and still no difference 

I've also updated bios on mobo clean installs older drivers ... ive had this problem since i bought the card over a year ago i have 

RMA'D it and it came back and seemed to work for a couple days just like one guy here has stated  in the forums .. 

i thought it was something with my set up so ive been trying everything the card is useless to me unless I were to add my own 

cooling, but do not want to put more money into this card as I feel for 700 dollars was way to much for this card when the 2080

for the same price stomped this card any help is appreciated    

asus prime x570 pro

3800x cpu

16 g-skill trident z 3600 cl 15 

rm850 watt corsair psu

m.2 samsung 970 evo in top slot 

sound blaster ae-5

0 Likes
road5582
Adept I

bassmek2,

I never found a solution for this issue and AMD was zero help. Unfortunately, My Radeon VII failed about 90 days ago for no apparent reason and now is providing a Windows code 43 (dual card setup) and in a single card setup will not boot or display.  

After this horrible experience with AMD's flagship Radeon VII, I'm sad but will be moving an NVIDIA product based on how AMD treats & supports customers that purchased Radeon VII graphic cards. 

Good Luck!  

0 Likes
bassmek2
Adept I

Sorry to hear about your problem have you tried the card in another system... When I first had my problem a couple of weeks after buying the card I had rma'd it and from what it looked like they sent me a new one it seemed to work for a coupke days then right back to the same thing I thought it was something on my side but never really took the time to figure it out as I don't really have the time when I get home from work to get into it ive had some time recently to mess around and started searching threads but can't find any fixes .. Would be nice if they gave us a tool to at least edit the bios for this card but they haven t even done that id be more than happy to use it .. My brother bought the 2080 the same time I bought this card and has had zero problems all around better fps cooler temps even at ultra settings I can't even play games at ultra or else the card just throttles down to 1300 mhz because the fans just don't kick in one year warrenty and now that its up they don't want to even answer my messages basically telling me to shove the card up my ass that would be all its good for I just feel used at this point paying 700 for a card they said was for gaming then changed their minds after they sell it ive been buying amd for years even when they aerent that good amd I think this is the last straw for me as well hope you get your cards sorted out somehow good luck

0 Likes