Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics

diohas
Adept III

Re: radeon vii extreme slow restart and shutdown windows 10

Jump to solution

its not help me( black screen 2min and shutdown( 1-3 min all time,  latest driver yes, but i try all versions, same effect. On windwos 7 all ok. with windows 10 il try all combinations with drivers, vbioses, setings.

work only delete display driver. i try 13 time clean instal windwos 10)))

mstfbsrn980
Grandmaster

Jump to solution

You don't have problems with AMD display driver components.
If you have driver problem as you wrote, this way will shut down your system smoothly.
Device Manager > Display Adapters > AMD Radeon VII > Right Click > Disable device
And then try shutdown to the system...
If the system shuts down smoothly, please contact AMD to report the situation.
https://www.amd.com/en/support/contact-email-form

Edit: Device Manager > Display Adapters > AMD Radeon VII > Right Click > Enable device
With this way, you can enable the GPU...

diohas
Adept III

Jump to solution

done, smoothly, but not normal 30-40 sec ))) 

diohas
Adept III

Jump to solution

if it not driver, why on windows 7 its super  smooth with latest driver,3-5 sec.

0 Likes
diohas
Adept III

Jump to solution

New driver, old problems, HELP

0 Likes
pokester
MVP

Jump to solution
0 Likes
diohas
Adept III

Jump to solution

is it help me ?

0 Likes
pokester
MVP

Jump to solution

I don't know if they will be able to help or not. I do know they can't if you don't ask.

khun_doug
Elite

Jump to solution

I'm getting into the conversation late. I don't know that I have a cure for this but I may have a partial explanation on why Win 7 and Win 10 act differently. First and foremost, Win 7 existed long before the generation of hardware you are using. The OS doesn't have the capacity to leverage CPU features in your system because those things hadn't been built into the CPU back then. The same applies to features of the motherboard. So what you may likely be seeing is something that is leveraged in the newer OS but didn't even exist at the time Win 7 was written.

That being said, I know you referenced looking at different video BIOS and motherboard BIOS. I think you should focus on the motherboard and its BIOS more so than the GPU. Check with the motherboard manufacturer to see if there is an update from them. Also, look at the motherboard forums and see if others are having something similar with that motherboard. There may well be others with similar issues but with a different GPU. Don't narrow the search to just the AMD R 7.

Finally, there is a registry setting in Windows that controls how long Windows wait for services and tasks to terminate when doing a shutdown. I don't have a link handy but I know the registry entries allow the defaults to be overridden. Trying that might help solve this. And if this were me, the server admin background would already have me looking at the Windows Event Logs. There is a treasure trove of stuff in there. A lot of noise for sure, but you are likely to find the culprit by scrolling through those logs.

diohas
Adept III

Jump to solution

i try 2080s , my friend help me, and all fine, all fast, no problems. r7 on my friend pc same problem after instaling drivers, z390 aorus master