cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

patrick310
Journeyman III

Radeon VII driver crash?

Here are my specs: I apologize if the descriptions are long, i'm copying from the invoice I received.

M-Board: Gigabyte z390 UD ATX w/RGB usb3.1 3PCIE x16 3PCIE x1 SATA3 1 M.2 SATA/PCIE

Power supply: 800 Watt Power supply

Graphics card: 1 AMD Radeon VII 16gb HBM2 (Currently running the latest 19.3.3 software. I ran with 19.1 but same issue with both drivers.

CPU: OEM Intel Core I5-9600k 3.70 ghz 6/6 9mb cache LGA 1151 95w

Ram: Corsair 32gb DDR4-3000 Vengeance LPX

Hard Drives: 512gb Intel 660p PCIE NVME M.2 SSD/ 3tb HDD 3.5'SATAIII 7200RPM 6.0 GB/s 64mb Cache

So here is the situation.

Sometimes, when playing a game or watching a video (mostly youtube). The screen will go black and the monitor will power down (blue light to yellow light). The monitor will then power back up and the screen will come back, however the video is no longer playing (audio still going), or the game I was playing will still be running but will just be a black screen. I am trying to find out if this could possible be a driver related issue or a hardware defect and I should request a RMU/replacement card. To me it seems as if the video driver crashes.

Other notes: This does not happen in a state that I can replicate. It seems to happen at random with no telltale signs that it is about to happen. All but one time the computer resumed operating as normal, the one time I got the buzzing/stuck audio and the computer rebooted. Thank you all for any information you can provide me.

0 Likes
0 Replies