cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

hyp36rmax
Adept II

Radeon VII Defaults to Low GPU Clocks at Restart

Max GPU core clocks defaults to 699 mhz after every restart. I have to manually save new settings in Wattman to get expected 1800 mhz GPU core clocks

System Configuration:

Motherboard: ASUS X470-i
CPU: AMD Ryzen 2700X
Memory: 16GB GDDR5
GPU: Sapphire Radeon VII
VBIOS: 113-D3600200-106
Driver: Adrenalin 19.4.2

Steps to Reproduce:

Happens after every restart

Expected Behavior:

GPU Core clocks of 1800 mhz

Actual Behavior:

GPU core clocks defaults to 699 mhz after every restart. Requires changing settings in Wattman to get expected results.

What I've Tried:

• Issue occurs with Adrenalin 19.4.1 and 19.4.2
  • Tried a clean installation with Adrenaline Drivers and DDU

Things to Note:

• HBM Clocks are 1000mhz
  • Games or benchmarks do not crash
  • Upgraded from a VEGA 64 Limited Edition to the Radeon VII.

Solved:

Performed a clean Windows 10 Pro Installation.  I believe the issue could be from my previous VEGA 64 installation causing a performance issue with Windows.  I had no crashes.  Oddly If I reset Adrenalin Wattman it would revert to the expected performance, it just didn't save after every restart.

0 Likes
1 Solution
hyp36rmax
Adept II

Issue solved through a clean Windows 10 Installation. I'll re-open this topic if this re-occurs.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
qwixt
Forerunner

Do you have any other overclocking or monitoring software installed like Afterburner, Precision, GPU Tweak...?

0 Likes

I had MSI Afterburner and RTSS installed.  I've since removed those apps and still getting the same issue.  Seems the only thing that fixes this is resetting the options under Wattman, it just doesn't stick upon restart.

0 Likes
hyp36rmax
Adept II

Issue solved through a clean Windows 10 Installation. I'll re-open this topic if this re-occurs.