cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

aixinma
Adept I

Radeon software won't work with SnagIt

Picked up an XFX 5700 XT card a couple of days ago. Here's the problem I've had and what I discovered so far:

Problem: SnagIt hangs after capturing video and shows a message "processing video". See attachment.

Cause: Radeon Software. How do I know? As soon as I uninstall the softward, Snagit starts to work as it's supposed to. But I need the software installed. Without it, my XP Pen drawing board won't work. I've tried two different versions of the software and the results were the same.

To summarize, if I install Radeon software, then SnagIt won't work. If I uninstall the Radeon software, then XP Pen 15.6 Pro drawing pad won't work. Before installing the 5700 xt card, both SnagIt and XP Pen drawing pad worked perfectly on a different graphics card.

So anyone knows anything about this? Solution?

Thanks in advance!

4 Replies

I use an old Wacom pad and stylus for graphics arts work. It has not been a problem.

The Radeon package can capture video without the need for any other tool. It can also stream for you.

0 Likes

I'm trying to learn how to use Radeon software to do regular capture. I don't game, BTW.

0 Likes

You should report the issue to AMD and the maker of the SnagIt software. Contact AMD here: https://www.amd.com/en/support/contact-email-form 

0 Likes

Thanks for the info. Will report it right away.