cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

jazzyanne
Journeyman III

Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition 20.4.2

I've been to product support but the answers bordered on ridiculous such as, I quote,  "I would suggest you to perform the clean installation of OS". I installed three RX560 cards on three different PC's and the software does the same thing. You create a profile and when Windows boots up, the profiles not there, it defaults back to original install. So, the profile will not hold. 

Example; I created a preset/profile which has the fan coming on at a lower temperature with Zero RPM switched of. Advanced control is enabled with some small Fine Tuning Control tweaks. All works while the app is opened and the fan runs at the RPM that I want. When the PC is rebooted, the profile gas reverted back to default. This happens to all three PC's the card is installed using the latest version of Adrenalin 2020 Edition 20.4.2. Also, sometimes the screen will flash and there will be two or three instances of the app in the taskbar, for a few seconds, then lavel out to the one instance I put there. The cards work fine but the software is buggy. Any thoughts? Thanks

XFX Radeon FX560P4SFG5

Desktop Windows Pro x64

Adrenalin 2020 Edition 20.4.2

Asus and HP 32in monitors, 1920x1080 HDMI

Asrock 970A-G/3.1 version 1.20

FX8350

Cooler Master 600watt PWR Supply

32G ram

0 Likes
2 Replies
Matt_AMD
Community Manager

Can you try disabling Fast Startup in Windows Control Panel > Power to see if that helps?

0 Likes

Yes. I use this computer as a DAW, digital audio workstation, so performance has been tweaked to squeeze out all the horsepower available. Fast startup is one of many being turned off. This is the same problem on three pc's, with the same card, and same software, doing the same thing. If I turn off the Zero RPM in the tuning section and save it as a profile, the Zero RPM will be enabled again when the pc's are rebooted. So therefore, I can not set the fan to come on at a lower temperature.

By the way, I may have misunderstood the last tech advise of try reinstalling Windows to fix the issue. It just sounded that way, my apologies.

Thanks for answering.

0 Likes