Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

Bomdimus
Journeyman III

RADEON SAPPHIRE RX 6900XT FPS Call of duty

Good day,

I'm a new user of AMD product and I have somes concerns about how many FPS I got during Call of duty (cold War and Warzone)

This is my system:

CPU: 8700K

Modo: ROG Strix E-370 gamming

Ram: 48 G

GPU: RX6900 xt

Monitor: Asus 279Q (overclock 165hz)

My games are install on SSD

I did somes test and CODCW I don't have more than 100fps (move between 80 and 95).  For Warzone between 100 and 115.

I tried with and without raytracing  no change.   I know my monitor isn't freesynch but is huge how bad my FPS are.   

Do you have any ideas why?

0 Likes
4 Replies
Bomdimus
Journeyman III

I forgot, my setting are

My graphic setting are 2560*1440, vertical synch off, FPS unlimited, the rest is almost high or ultra.

thanks,

Bomdimus
0 Likes
mackbolan777
Forerunner

Definition of adaptive sync | PCMag

I looked into "adaptive sync" as I suspect you moved from Nvidia to AMD. With Nvidia, adaptive sync wasn't working allowing higher FPS. "adaptive sync" works with AMD as a cheap version of FreeSync built into the VESA certification of the DP protocol. To make a long story short, Asus went cheap instead of building that monitor with FreeSync/Gsync. Disable "adaptive sync" in the monitor if you can and/or turn off FreeSync. With 165Hz I doubt you'll have much screen tearing or blur that's noticeable. If you can't, try another monitor or a TV without any "adaptive sync" built in. Even an old 75hz monitor should be fine to just see if the FPS goes way up.

Being your monitor is an IPS, Asus probably wanted to cut costs and delivery tons of FPS so they went with this alternative type of "FreeSync". It works much the same as enabling "adaptive sync" in the driver software and I tried that on my previous HDTV, which made for very poor FPS, lag, just junk. 

"It worked before you broke it!"
0 Likes

Hi,

thank you for your help.  You are righ I swap my old GTX 1080 for my 6900.   I don't have any option on my screen to play with ''adaptive sync''   Everything was set via G-Force software between my card and my monitor.   Shoud re-install it?

0 Likes

No. AMD FreeSync and GSync are basically the same and it will work automatically. You have "adaptive sync", it's a Display Port protocol some HDMI uses it as well. It's really not cool. Disable it, put the monitor on the fastest response time, use the DP port instead of HDMI if possible and see how it goes. This setting is in your monitor itself in the menu somewhere.

"It worked before you broke it!"
0 Likes