cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

Nik_K
Journeyman III

RADEON RX6800 PERFORMANCE ISSUE

Just got my hands on an Radeon RX6800 card and noticed that performance was not on par with what i've read around.

The first system i used it with was based on the Intel Core I9 7980XE (@4GHz) paired with the GB X299 AORUS GAMING 9 and 64GB of DDR4 RAM (3200MHz). Results here were like 36FPS average on Metro Exodus Gold Edition at 4k (which for this card is very low)

Since i have another system here (Intel Core I9 9900K @5GHz + EVGA Z390 DARK + 64GB DDR4 3200MHz) i decided to also test it here and voila i got 69FPS average in Metro Exodus Gold at 4k resolution (both times i used the built-in benchmark).

Now obviously the 9900K should be getting a few FPS more compared to the 7980XE but certainly not 33 so something else is at play here. Both systems have Windows 10 Pro with all updates so that's not the issue. I looked into the X299 motherboard BIOS for any settings i could toy around with (even enabled 4G decoding just in case) but nada.

Meanwhile my 2080 Super, 5700XT and 2060 OC work fine with the X299 (and yes better than the RX6800) so i doubt it's a general issue.

Ideas anyone?

Thank you.

0 Likes
25 Replies
Wiennn
Journeyman III

I have the same issue with the 6800xt.  I have i7-7700 and a 1080ti. In csgo I get like 150-200 fps. And now with my 6800xt I get the same fps.. I don't understand. How is this possible?

0 Likes

My first thought goes to bottlenecking when it comes to your CPU.

Still if the RX6800 bottlenecks with a CPU like the 7980XE it doesn't make sense.

0 Likes

But I see other statistics on the internet with this setup

0 Likes

This is literally my same problem.

Previously i have rx 580 playing csgo and doing the good job in 1440p, now I got my RX 6800 it's almost the same perf. I posted things on reddit and advise I got was to report it to AMD, didn't hear anything from them yet.

0 Likes

Well hopefully AMD knows what the issue is.

0 Likes

been 5days since I created a report and got a ticket, til now there's no update lol.

Im now thinking of returning the card and switch to effin nvidia sadlife.

0 Likes

Im was found by myself that for low req games u need to set minimal clocks to around 2000 mhz
Screenshot_14.png

0 Likes

I'll try this and share feedback it's bleeping illogical to do it this way you bought high power card to overpower old games based on the preferred settings you need.  I'll provide feedback after thanks !!

0 Likes

@Dan1  good for you if its working mate. I tried to do the same, set minimum frequency where playing CSGO- Deathmatch

Fps is not reaching 200 :D 

Set minimun as "global config" it's actually the same.

0 Likes

Well is not a ideal solution just something before new drivers im still had some lags from time to time but its like 10 times less

0 Likes

did you cleaned your Nvidia driver before installing the AMD GPU?

PC: R7 2700X @PBO + RX 580 4G (1500MHz/2000MHz CL16) + 32G DDR4-3200CL14 + 144hz 1ms FS P + 75hz 1ms FS
Laptop: R5 2500U @30W + RX 560X (1400MHz/1500MHz) + 16G DDR4-2400CL16 + 120Hz 3ms FS
0 Likes

Hi,
I don't have any NVIDIA graphic card, my previous card before the upgrade was MSI RX 580, I'm using AMD all the way so no trace of Nvidia :) 
I've cleaned out all drivers to test

Uninstall via DDU ( safe mode )

fresh install the new driver from AMD ( tried both 20.12.1 and 20.12.2)  and getting same problem.

AMD support said it seems latest drivers isn't optmized for some games.

Too many people having problems from what i hear, let's wait for a new driver.

0 Likes

In wich window is this.. 

0 Likes

if you're asking for Dani's tweak its on the radeon software -> performance -> tuning->manual

0 Likes

That doesn't work, we need an official solution by AMD for this :(

0 Likes

the response I got :D Screenshot_13.png

0 Likes

It's not a general issue, card works fine with my 9900K system, works bad with my 7980XE system.

My guess is drivers or firmware.

0 Likes

You all need to report it to AMD:

In Radeon Settings there is a Bug Report tool too you can submit the issue or

You can contact AMD support here: https://www.amd.com/en/support/contact-email-form

Good Luck!

Report what? That their card is not working properly on the X299 platform? I'd expect them to have tested the card on the top 3-4 platforms prior to releasing it.

0 Likes

Well if you are talking here to notify other users, then mission accomplished. If you were wanting to let AMD know that is why I gave you the only 2 ways to officially notify AMD. If you have no interest in them being notified and hopefully fixing the issue then by all means do nothing. 

0 Likes

So noone from AMD is watching the forums?

Also someone might have a solution to this, that's primarily why i created this thread.

0 Likes

Certainly lots of other users might be able to help but likely this is a driver not configuration issue. As explained in the forum headers these are USER HELPING USER forums. I wish AMD employees participated here. There are a couple AMD mods here but their participation is spotty at best. On the Red Team side of the forums more AMD people participate and on REDDIT too. Oddly enough, not so much in their own forums. 

0 Likes
Dan1
Adept I

screenshot above man im finally get what the problem is)

0 Likes
Nik_K
Journeyman III

I know it's a clocks issue, still that's not a solution.

In 3DMark the card flies, in Metro Exodus clocks drop to 500MHz.

I hope AMD can figure out what is going on.

0 Likes