cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics

Adept I
Adept I

Re: Radeon RX6800 crashes, flickering, low fps, poor performance.

FYI I am aware on that we are all basing what AMD said on their launching day on their rx6800 series. Please read what I wrote... Ofcourse it also depends on the manufacturer of the card if they put extras on their card. I am generalizing the minimum psu required to run rx6800xt. If what sapphire said their card should be at 800 then follow that manufacturer requirements, otherwise follow what amd does... 

0 Kudos
Adept II
Adept II

I’m baffled at your ram that you have listed.... how do you manage to have 26gb of ram?

0 Kudos
Adept I
Adept I

Lol I meant to type 16

0 Kudos
Adept II
Adept II

Lol ok. I was trying to figure out what in the wish was going on here

0 Kudos
Adept I
Adept I

No worries, I guess just to. Update the post, I ended buying a 750W PSU just to make sure it would work better and still no improvement in performance, game runs crappy and stuttery my next steps would be to adjust the Adv file in the MW folder to see if adjusting the render scale and video memory help at all. I am also in contact with AMD for further troubleshoot 

0 Kudos
Adept I
Adept I

4.jpg

10.jpg

Is this also happening to your rx6800xt? It flickers like crazy disco ball with lines hahaha.

@Hernfernrj wrote:

No worries, I guess just to. Update the post, I ended buying a 750W PSU just to make sure it would work better and still no improvement in performance, game runs crappy and stuttery my next steps would be to adjust the Adv file in the MW folder to see if adjusting the render scale and video memory help at all. I am also in contact with AMD for further troubleshoot 

0 Kudos
Esteemed Contributor III

@BloodlettinG wrote:

4.jpg

10.jpg

Is this also happening to your rx6800xt? It flickers like crazy disco ball with lines hahaha.

@Hernfernrj wrote:

AMD has a tendency IMHO of rating their required power supplies TOO LOW. In your case you upgraded to the bare minimum.

Not saying that is causing your issues. But hard to say as many reviewers were having these cards voltage spike reseting the protection on their power supplies and they were above spec. 

If you can return that one you bought I would highly suggest at least a good 80 plus gold 850w, not the bare minimum. 

Of course this assumes you have the reference card. Some of the AIB cards have a requirement of 850 so going a bit higher like a 1000w. 

0 Kudos
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

I have an almost identical build and experiencing the same symptoms:

Maingear Vybe

R9 3900XT

RX6800

64GB Vengence pro 3600 ddr4

Gamemax 850w Gold

X570 PLUS wifi+bt

Noctua NH-D15 cooler

I haven't noticed power being a problem but I just upgraded and made the switch to AMD from a 970 and it basically feels like I haven't even upgraded. Super frustrating. If anybody figures out what's going on please share the knowledge. I've spent the past week troubleshooting. I know this card is supposed to be better. Hopefully mature drivers/software will improve performance :(

0 Kudos
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Had a 3600 non X version, 16 gigs ram, and a 2060 non super.  I upgraded to a 5800x with 32 gigs with a rx 6800 xt and feels like I got no performance improvements at all, should be able to run games like SnowRunner at 4k ultra 60fps but that isn't the case I had to scale down to 1080p on high to keep fps at 60 yet it still dips into the 50s.  Flight Sim 2020 runs about the same as the 2060 dipping down into the 20s to 30s fps on low settings to the point its not even playable especially when in the cockpit of a boeing 747.

At least my rocket league is 120 fps solid!!!!!  Smiley Frustrated

Have a lg nanocell 85 tv and it hates frame rates below 60 even with freesync on, really don't want to throw anymore money by getting a better tv / monitor just because of people hyping up this card...  extremely frustrated dropping 2 grand on a system just because of all the hype to not see any increase in performance!

0 Kudos
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Hi, I have exactly the same setup as yours!

I'm only get 45 fps Smiley Sad

Were you able to figure out the problem?

0 Kudos