cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics

Adept I
Adept I

Radeon RX6800 crashes, flickering, low fps, poor performance.

I recently installed my new GPU RX 6800. upon installation I have not experienced any performance improvement. The performance has been really bad. To be Specific, I was running a 2070 Super and for example in COD I was pulling around 180fps in multiplayer and 150 in warzone (other games were about the same) After upgrading I follow the procedures, made sure BIOS was updated, cleaned the old drivers from NVIDIA using a clean up tool I also re installed adrenaline, twice, and no luck performed is now even worse I can only get around 80fps and on medium settings not even high settings. has anyone experienced this before? Is it maybe a faulty card and I can get a replacement from my warranty sine I received it 2 days ago. 

My current set up

NZXT Med Case

Ryzen 9 3900x (prizm cooler)

Aourus X570 pro Wifi mobo

NEW GPU: Radeon RX 6800 reference card (OLD EVGA RTX 2070 Super FTW3 Ult 8gb)

26gb of ram

1Tb SSD

PSU: 650W Gold

0 Kudos
22 Replies
Adept I
Adept I

Re: Radeon RX6800 crashes, flickering, low fps, poor performance.

I have already submitted a request to AMD but was wondering if anyone had the same problem or if there are any fixes. or just a faulty card Smiley Sad

0 Kudos
Esteemed Contributor III

Yes there are numerous other threads on this topic already if you search.

Random game issues may be the driver maturity. 

The stability issues may be power related. Most that seem to be complaining of this have the bare minimum 650 watt power supplies. Which based on prior experience AMD often doesn't set its minimums high enough. Many reviews on these cards reported power spikes that reset the power supplies. 

Adept I
Adept I

I recommend upgrade your psu, minimum recommended psu should be at 750 watts. Yes I have problems with rx6800xt performance, fps drops, visual problems like random flickering lines (constant on games) but no issue crashing games and shutting down system. My psu is corsair gold 750 watts.

0 Kudos
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Yeah you definitely need more power 650w is kinda low, I have a ryzen 5 2600 and nvidia rtx 2060 running on a 750w power supply, which I have extra power for an upgrade. I would recommend getting a new power supply.

0 Kudos
Adept I
Adept I

yup I have the same issues. Only one time the game crashed and I was golden running at 180fps consistent perfect pic and then system shut down. 

0 Kudos
Adept I
Adept I

I will go ahead and change the power supply today see if this helps, thank you!

0 Kudos
Esteemed Contributor III

@BloodlettinG wrote:

I recommend upgrade your psu, minimum recommended psu should be at 750 watts. Yes I have problems with rx6800xt performance, fps drops, visual problems like random flickering lines (constant on games) but no issue crashing games and shutting down system. My psu is corsair gold 750 watts.

FYI for a lot of AIB versions of 6800xt 750 isn't enough either. The Saphire top card for instance calls for 800 watt power supply at a minimum. 

Personally Saphire usually makes the best AMD cards. I tend to go a little over there highest cards suggestion and never have power related issues. 

0 Kudos
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Well, what is it. As a rule, a drop in the number of frames per second or a drop in the chip frequency indicates several problems.
1) increasing the temperature on the video card processor.
2) a problem in the power circuit of the video card itself.

0 Kudos
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

im having the same issues . im running r5 2600 but only a 600w PSU. i have the normal rx6800

0 Kudos