Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

superplay
Adept I

Radeon RX5700 XT - Green / Black Screen

Hi Folks,

Issue:  System will freeze, mainly to a Solid Green Screen shortly after starting a game, tested with several games including Need for Speed Heat.  The same issue occurs also when playing light games such as Minecraft.

Motherboard:   Sabretooth 990FX R3.0 (BIOS 0212)

CPU: AMD FX 9590 - 8 core 4.7 GHz

RAM: 16GB - Crucial BLT8G3D1869DT1TX0.16FED ( 1866MHZ 9-9-9-27 1.5v)

PSU: Evga 1000G

Graphics: Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX5700 XT 8G GDDR6 Dual HDMI/Dual (UEFI) Special Edition

PN 299-3E409-000SA / SKU 11293-05

Windows: Windows 10 Pro 64Bit (1909) fully updated (Tested with fresh install)

Tested with different HDMI monitors and a TV

Tested with a variety of Graphics Drivers: 20.1.4, 20.1.3, 20.1.2, 19.12.2, 19.10.1, 19.9.2, 19.8.1, 19.7.5

Tried all sorts of BIOS settings / System configurations / removed all non-essential components (Drives etc.)

Disabled all game bars, background tasks, windows game mode etc.

Tested RAM / HDD / CPU etc.

Nothing of note logged in the systems Event Logs

I can replicate issue by running GPU-Z and running the Texture test, generally this causes the solid Green Screen within 5mins.

Tried pretty much evey sugestion listed on this amd forums

After spending many, many frustrating hours on this issue, I have run out of ideas! 

Can anyone help?

Thanks

6 Replies
levigge
Journeyman III

This happens to me all the time especially at fortnite. I have reinstalled windows 10 pro and still do not work. I think it has to do with AMD's drivers. The computer just freezes and the screen turns green. I have updated all my drivers and have also been in the bios and tested but still do not work. I have tried to drive at the lowest quality but still do not work. Still crashing.

0 Likes
levigge
Journeyman III

Can someone help?

0 Likes

there is no fix and it's a know  issue from amd's own words in the driver release notes.

What people are doing is trying older driver versions, and it is working for me and many others

0 Likes
superplay
Adept I

I have read the druivers release notes which do indeed mention the issue with Black Screening.  My issue is mainly with Green Screening.  So is the Black screen issues the same as the issue I have with freezing on a solid Green screen, or is this different?

Also I have disabled all background tasks as suggested with no affect and tested many driver versions.  Is there a recommenced driver version that I have not already tested?

Further info and tests:

My Graphics Card has a BIOS Version of: 017.001.000.049

Under Windows 10 I have also now tested:
- Disabling all power saving options in Windows power plans
- Tested the card in different PCI-X slots

As I had a spare SSD,  I have installed Windows 7 64Bit with the latest recommended driver and have left GPU-Z running the encoder test for over an hour with no issues.  I will test later on in the week with a few games and will post back with some more info e.g. Direct X Version info.

Thanks for now

0 Likes
superplay
Adept I

Does anyone have any updates as to the Green Screen issue?

Card seems to work on the same PC under Windows 7 Pro tested using GPU-Z for several hours (fails under windows 10 in less tha 5 mins) as you can imagine most of my games require Windows 10

As per my previos posts in the tread I have tried all sorts of options, latest updates etc, disable all background tasks / services.

Drivers tested:

19.7.1, 19.7.2, 19.7.3, 19.7.4, 19.7.5

19.9.1, 19.9.2

20.1.4, 20.1.3, 20.1.2

I may test some other verisons but I am loosing all faith!

The card is toatlaly unusable in Windwos 10 and has been for a good while now

0 Likes

Hi

I am afraid an unfixable hardware bug has been found in this card. It generates SIMD exceptions. It will never work.

I repeat: this GPU contains multiple unfixable hardware design errors and will never work properly. Save yourself the pain, the frustration and distress and eject this piece crap.

0 Likes