Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

eamon
Journeyman III

Radeon RX480

Hi all

I have a query with regard to using a Radeon RX480 card in a custom Desktop PC.

I am looking to use the graphics card with other programs but I cannot find the option of Switchable graphics. I have tried numerous menu's, searches, you tube guides etc.

Whilst the unit was built as a gaming PC, I am looking to use this for running other programs that need to interface with the graphics card.

I have updated the Radeon software to the latest version but no dice.

Could anyone point me in the right direction of configuring the graphics card to use in another program? I am assuming this card is compatible with other programs but I have not been able to find the settings/switchable graphics option in the AMD software.

Many thanks

eamon

0 Likes
1 Solution

Windows 10 now takes care of Dual graphics or which GPU to use for specific programs under Windows 10 Settings -Graphics.

Radeon Software doesn't have that feature anymore since Windows 10 now does the job.

In Windows 10 you can choose which GPU you want to use for each specific program you have installed. Choosing "High Performance" is usually choosing the GPU Card installed and not the Integrated Graphics.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply

Windows 10 now takes care of Dual graphics or which GPU to use for specific programs under Windows 10 Settings -Graphics.

Radeon Software doesn't have that feature anymore since Windows 10 now does the job.

In Windows 10 you can choose which GPU you want to use for each specific program you have installed. Choosing "High Performance" is usually choosing the GPU Card installed and not the Integrated Graphics.

0 Likes