cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

LochieFleming
Journeyman III

Radeon RX480 GPU not working-tried everything

I currently have been having issues with my AMD Radeon RX480 8gb GPU. When is trat my computer these graphics dosent recognises my sencond monitor but duplicates the main screen on it, the resolution scale is changed and device manager displays the yellow error triangle with ! in it. 

I have unistalled all drivers that are AMD and downloaded the recommened drivers via the AMD support drivers website.

I have also ran my computer in safe mode and reinstalled everything adn went as far to wipe my computer and reinstall windows, but same issue happens.

When i install the drivers again it will work however the next day when i turn my computer back on the changes dont apply and i have the same issue. 

I have been having the issues for a while and not sure what to do any suggestions or anyone have these experinces before?

Specs

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600X Six-Core Processor 3.60 GHz

GPU: AMD Radeon RX 480

Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B450-F GAMING ATX AM4 Motherboard

System Type: 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

Windows: Windows 10 Home

RAM: Trident Z 16gb

0 Likes
4 Replies
mikes1711
Adept I

Hi,

What is the problem here? What are you trying to achieve? It's not clear to me.

Please provide the models of your 2 monitors.

I don't understand how the graphics card can't recognize 2nd screen but is somehow able to duplicate the image of the 1st one on it. 

I need more info please with screenshots or we can get on Google meet and chat.

I am trying to achieve that when my computer starts up i dont have to constantly fix my drivers in order for the resolution to be fixed as well as the use of my seccond monitor.

Im not 100% sure on what my monitors are but one is a LG ultrawide monitor and the othger is a samsung. My computer will will load up and the resolution will be completly wrong. The second monitor that is DPI ( LG) will show the saqme thing as Samsung monitor (duplicating the screen). My graphics seems to either go back to a different driver version and is fixed when i reinstall the new one. 

If there is any chance i would love to do  a google meet to further explain.

Thankyou again 

0 Likes

I think u have wrong settings and wrong drivers

0 Likes
An0n123
Journeyman III

Whatt connection u use?.  Have u tried ”windows key+p”  ehat screen resolution you use?, installed monitor drivers from homepage?  Have it in pcie x16?  Dont let windows update drivers. Windows settinngs? If u use 2 monitor use dual or split .  

0 Likes