Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

sulphur773
Journeyman III

Radeon RX470 underperforming after cleaning

Hello,

I have bought and been using Radeon rx 470 for a few years. It was working fine until I opened up the computer case to clean some dust. I vacuumed the entire inside including the graphics card. Also, I noticed the card was sagging, so I put a stick where it was sagging to level it. I did not remove any wires or cards.

Then I turned on the computer and then the first thing I realized was that resolution was not the same as before. It was much smaller (size of icons got bigger). When I turned on starcraft (the original, not sc2), the animation on the menu was lagging and my mouse was also lagging. I don't know what is going on. The device manager says the device is working properly but the gpu is apparently underperforming. I tested with other games and the result is the same.

How can I fix this issue? What has gone wrong?

Please help!

Computer spec

CPU: Intel i3-6100 CPU @3.7ghz

GPU: Radeon RX 470

Motherboard: ASUS B150M-A/M.2

RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR4-2400 Memory

Power: Corsair CXM 550W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply

Hard: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive

0 Likes
1 Reply
pashkometr
Journeyman III

maybe the dust got into PCIe. try to gently remove the video card and wipe its connectors and clean the inside of the PCIe with a brush. but there is still a variant that due to the fact that the video card is sagging, microcracks on the board are formed. everything is possible. but this is an extreme case. you must first clean and possibly reinstall the drivers.

I'm not a very cool master, so I guess

0 Likes