Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

vlad57
Journeyman III

Radeon RX 6800 bottleneck ?

Hello,

I have a little problem. Recently I bought an AMD Radeon RX 6800 and I don't have the expected fps.

My PC configuration:

Motherboard: Asus TUF B450 PLUS GAMING (MAJ Ryzen 3XXX)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 2600X

GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6800

RAM: 16 GB 3200MHz

PSU: COOLER Master MWE Bronze 650W V2 80

On all the games I am restricted in terms of fps. The GPU is never 100% used and neither is the CPU. Neither is ever 100% used.

On Warzone for example I have all the configurations to the maximum and the use of the GPU is around 60% or even less and my fps are around 100/90 fps.

I tried to overclock with different tutos in internet, nothing change it.

Do you have any ideas on the problem? Is this also the problem of the CPU? But it seems to me recent and ok for use with the GPU.

Thank you in advance for your answers.

0 Likes
2 Solutions
Thanny
Miniboss

Depends on what resolution you're running at.  If it's 1920x1080 or lower, you'll almost certainly be bottlenecked in most games by your processor.  100% CPU usage in Windows means 100% usage of all cores, so a largely single-threaded game will never get you close to 100%, but is nevertheless running as fast as it can.

What monitor are you using?

View solution in original post

0 Likes

A 3600XT would be a significant improvement.  A 5600X would be even better, but those are hard to find presently.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
Thanny
Miniboss

Depends on what resolution you're running at.  If it's 1920x1080 or lower, you'll almost certainly be bottlenecked in most games by your processor.  100% CPU usage in Windows means 100% usage of all cores, so a largely single-threaded game will never get you close to 100%, but is nevertheless running as fast as it can.

What monitor are you using?

0 Likes

Thank you for your reply.

My resolution is 1920x1080.

All cores are running between 60/70%. 

My monitor is an full HD 144Hz FreeSync. Here is the ref if you want : link

Which CPU do you recommend ? Is Ryzen 5 3600 XT good enought ? 

0 Likes

Shouldn't realy be buying Big Navi RX6000 gpu for 1080p gaming. They were supposed to be top GPU for for 4K 60FPS. 
If you get a Ryzen 5800X you should see ~ 30% faster FPS at 1080p depending on the game.  

0 Likes

Okay, would a Ryzen 5 3600XT be fine ? 

Thanks,

0 Likes

A 3600XT would be a significant improvement.  A 5600X would be even better, but those are hard to find presently.

0 Likes