Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

SunflowerOni
Journeyman III

Radeon RX 590 Constant Game Crashes

Hey everyone, 

I am about at my wits end right now. I built my computer back in 2019 and have had no major issues with it until now. Just about every single game I have been trying to play as of late will randomly crash. Sometimes its under and hour, sometimes over 3, sometimes it won't crash at all. 

In the last week, I have:

-Cleaned out my tower of dust, including all of my fans

-Reapplied thermal paste to the processor 

-Bought new internal fans to help boost cooling (only had the stock ones that came with the tower originally that weren't very good)

-Did a clean install of Windows 10

-Disabled Fast Startup

-Enabled Above 4G encoding in the BIOS

-Removed the AMD Software, and installed the drivers manually

After all of that I thought everything was fixed, played the Beta for Back4Blood for around 4 hours with no issues last night. Today I got a crash with The Ascent, and then 2 for Back4Blood, always saying something about the 3D3 device being lost. It said that for both The Ascent and Back4Blood today, and before anyone says "those are both new games, they might just have issues," I tried playing The Forest, which I played about a year ago entirely though, and didn't get a single crash, and now I'm getting crashes in that as well. 

Guys I just want to play games on my computer again, and I'm am so tired of messing with this GPU. I was surfing the forms trying different stuff, but I've gotten to the point where just explaining my situation is probably easier. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated, as I am very frustrated atm. 

Thank you! 

Specs:

Corsair Hydro Series H115i 

2TB HHD, 960GB SSD

Corsair CX Series 550 Watt 80

Ryzen 5 2600x Six-Core 

Windows 10 64 bit

16 gigs of ram

1 Reply
vandersexxx
Adept II

Don't install new drivers, I had to revert to 20.12.1, try it, maybe this will help in your case. Anyway, it is a known problem for polaris cards, according to latest amd notes.

0 Likes