cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

Dagam
Journeyman III

Radeon RX 580 using wrong clock speeds and crashing my PC

I have been having this problem for at least a year and have recently been able to identify the problem, thanks to this video.

BLACK SCREEN AMD - FIX 100% Forever - feat RX 580 

The problem is that for some reason the GPU clock speed is increased over the video card specifications.

According to the same official page, the base frequency is 1257 Mhz, increaseable to 1340 Mhz. The problem is that the drivers go up to 1360 Mhz causing the card to shut down all monitors and crash my computer.

1360.jpg

I have managed to solve this problem by lowering the maximum frequency by -8% which leaves it at the base frequency. The problem is that every time I restart the computer I have to reconfigure this option as Wattsman discards the changes due to a "problem".

Is it possible that in the next drivers they will fix this problem?

2 Replies

What is the exact make/model of your card, some AMD partner models are clocked higher than the amd listed spec.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..

Temporary fix is to set game specific profiles with the correct clock speeds as they seem to not revert to base settings upon a system restart.

0 Likes