Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics

zombi3killer
Adept I

Re: Radeon RX 580 8GB - buzzing noise then PC freezes and black screen

Jump to solution

Got thru 2 missions at high settings. Seems to be working. No idea why it works now as opposed to before but very happy. Will follow up with results.

0 Likes
zombi3killer
Adept I

Jump to solution

I have adjusted the graphic settings upwards since and no crashes yet. Fingers crossed!! Maybe my Wattman settings have worked.

0 Likes
zombi3killer
Adept I

Jump to solution

It ran all night without crash. I actually fell asleep and found it idle at one point. I don't know why cronien keeps telling me I need a 10,000W PSU but it seems to be working=me happy.

0 Likes
elstaci
MVP

Jump to solution

This website gives a good indication of how powerful of a PSU you need for Total System Wattage when using different GPU Cards : PSU REQUIREMENTS - RealHardTechX

According to the above link, you have the Minimum PSU Wattage ( 550 watts) to use in a computer system with an RX-580.

0 Likes
zombi3killer
Adept I

Jump to solution

It was recommended to me by a Tom's Hardware moderator. I'll look into a stronger model soon. At least it is working for the moment.

0 Likes
elstaci
MVP

Jump to solution

You should be okay with the PSU you have. As long as it doesn't cause problems while under heavy loading I would wait. But if you should install a stronger GPU or CPU or upgrade your Motherboard and RAM memory in the future, then you might start having strange issues. But until then enjoy your games.

Thanks for posting what you did on Wattman to get your RX GPU Card to work without crashing or going black. I am sure that maybe others here at AMD Forum will try the same thing to see if they get the same results as you did.

Its possible after uninstalling MSI Afterburner and all other 3rd party GPU software and then using strictly Wattman, Wattman may have placed the GPU card in default which then made it easier for you to Over or Under clock the card. It's possible you GPU card wasn't in "Default" parameters for some reason which may have been causing the problems. Just guessing though.

Good job of finding a fix for your AMD GPU card.

0 Likes
plumboby
Miniboss

Jump to solution

MSI I found is a horrible brand to deal with had bad experiences with it why I will not touch MSI for anything. Your PSU will be be fine just err on the side of caution when playing any more demanding games if your PSU is maxed out as you can actually overloading them surging them to take out your whole build. ! suggestion would be for safety would be wind up your case fans & APU fan so that your whole case is running a lot cooler might save temps creeping under load saves replacing the PSU for a few months. I do it with my PSUs that are under load I run up all my cooling fans so my build runs cooler on all my stepsons builds has saved alot of throttling to. I suspect its probly been throttling due to heat build up & coils will wine underload they do that its not safe tho try keep all your temps way down & crank up you fan settings on your card to save it from accidently getting nuked if it all goes wrong. I always go over on PSU sizing & I dont go off Toms I bought a PSU using there advise & had 2 identical units fail in 18months both decent Antecs. When I size for PSUs I use 3-4 diffrent PSU calculators there a few around & calculate the results I average them then buy a PSU 100w-150 above whats recommended for incase or as I do add extra cooling fans & added extras as some people do. I do it that way to as then my PSU is not underload & not always cranks full tilt which can take out a whole build seen it done before with wrong size PSU, with PC crashes then Cards coils whining PSU coils whine runs good then random bang or power surge all over. Tho good to see you found your solution , your PSU will do for the moment but suggest to upgrade it in 6 months or so if it doesn't cause any more issues for a while. I dont always trust advise given on Toms & I am a regular on Toms forums as well & know quite a few things. Some there moderators I have proven points & shown a few things most of them on Toms are paid Craptel Crapvidia supporters & most of them dont care about us AMD brethren most the time they get given craptels & crapvidia for free to test & dont really know as much  as they think or act. If purchasing stuff ask on Toms for advise but dont always go off it when buying I go with 10 diffrent sites & get reviews from 10 diffrent sources & people who own or use the item I buy before I shell out good $ to buy its pays to shop around & get heaps of ideas, good to see you found a solution happy to see good luck.

0 Likes