cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

kevinl4ns
Newcomer

Radeon RX 5700 XT weird display colors after gaming

I recently upgraded to a 5700 XT from Gigabyte (AORUS version). I've had annoying issues ever sinds, like memory stuck at max frequency (1750MHz), monitor losing input, games crashing... The usual stuff I see all over this forum.

However, there is one problem I don't see anyone else having. 

Sometimes, when I alter display setting in game, the monitor becomes very dark. As if the brightness is turned down significantly. Increasing the brightness however does not resolve this issue. Sometimes, when I troggle between Fullscreen and Windowed, the problem goes away, but not always. Even when I shut the game down, the monitor remains dark on desktop and I have to restart the PC for the monitor to become normal again. 

The most annoying thing, however, is this other thing that sometimes happens: When altering the display settings in game, my screen sometimes gives super weird flashed out bright pinky colors. This also happens sometimes when just exiting the game. Both when I close off the game and just Alt+Tab to desktop to look for something on the internet or whatever. Again, the only way to resolve this is to restart the PC. 

I am using two monitors. One AOC AG322QC4 1440p/144Hz HDR monitor and one LG M2352 1080p/60Hz monitor. Both are connected with HDMI (the AORUS has 3 HDMI ports ;P) because the AOC only supports HDR over the HDMI port. I tried switching to DisplayPort, but the problem remains. Also turning off HDR does not seem to have an effect. 

You may have noticed that I use the word 'sometimes' a lot. That is because it really only happens sometimes. That makes it so hard the determine the exact cause. 

I have added some screenshots to this post. I use The Division 2 as an example, but it also happens with other games (e.g. Jurassic World: Evolution, Battlefield 1...). You can also see that only the monitor I game on has the dark/weird color issue. 

I am running driver version 19.12.2 and that's the only one I have used with this GPU. I have used a Vega 56 with older drivers and that did not give these problems. 

Personally, I think it is a driver issue, but I'm not sure. Anyone with the same issue or maybe suggestions how to fix it?

Full PC specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 2700

Mobo: X470 AORUS Ultra Gaming

RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB 3000MHz

PSU: CoolerMaster MWE Gold 750 Watts

GPU: AORUS Radeon RX 5700 XT 8GB

EDIT: While uploading the screenshots, I noticed that the weird bright pink colors are not present on the screenshot. I will make a picture with my phone when it occurs again. Meanwhile, the darkness is visible on the screenshot.

EDIT 11 jan 2020: I've updated to driver version 20.1.1 and the problem is not resolved. It might even be worse! Now, when I switch settings, my in-game screen turns very bright, making in impossible to see anything. It does not happen sometimes, but all the time! Restarting the game does not resolve the issue and I'm forced to play in windowed mode, where the issue does not occur. I've added a photo of the screen, since it - again - does not show up in a screenshot. 

0 Likes
3 Replies
joemaxpayne
Journeyman III

This is known issue with 5700 cards. i also had grame freeze and game runs and sounds coming out but no display output from gpu. then i updated my radeon software version to 19.12.3, now its all fixed.

0 Likes

Hi @joemaxpayne

Thanks for your comment! I've had these 'no display output' problems and found it was due to Radeon Enhanced Sync and all those other features. When I turned it all off in Radeon Settings I did not get this issue anymore, but the color problem did persist. 

I will try your advice on updating to the 19.12.3 driver. I did not do this yet because it was 'optional' and 19.12.2 was recommended. 

Thanks again!

0 Likes

This is partially a driver problem and partially a problem with the lower level API in Windows

0 Likes