Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

danzeman
Journeyman III

Radeon RX 5700 XT OC Gaming 8G fan stuck at 100% speed

Hi there,

I very recently built a PC with the specs below. This is the first PC I have built.

From the moment I powered on the PC, even before downloading the OS, the GPU fans were maxed out at 100% (around 4400 RPM). After running some tests by shutting down the CPU and case fans in the BIOS (after getting Windows 10 running), I concluded that the fans at fault were in the GPU. This has caused my PC to sound like a jet engine. The temperature in the system so far never reaches 35 degrees Celsius, and the GPU is at around 30. I have only been using chrome and the GPU tuning tools, no high-load programs.

I have seen several issues similar to mine on many different forums but I cannot find a definitive solution. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have tried:

• Using the AMD control panel application to change the fan curve (to no avail);
  • Using MSI afterburner to change fan speed;
  • Placing the GPU in both PCI-e slots on the motherboard;
  • Downloading the latest recommended driver.

None of these have worked, and I am considering replacing the card, although I really don't want to. However, the durability of the fans will be greatly degraded by constant usage at 100%, so I don't see an alternative at the moment.

Specs:

• MSI B450 Tomahawk MAX motherboard
  • Ryzen 5 3600X CPU
  • 2*8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200MHz RAM
  • Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO CPU cooler
  • T6E Archer TP-Link Wifi PCI-e adapter
  • 2* be quiet! PureWings 2 120mm PWM case fans
  • The Gigabyte Radeon RX5700 XT OC Gaming 8G GPU

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you,

Dan.

0 Likes
1 Reply
rugbytom595
Journeyman III

i have the same problem did you ever fined a fix?

0 Likes