cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

Purity
Journeyman III

Radeon RX 5700 XT driver timeout

Radeon RX 5700 XT driver timeout I have tried playing smite, halo: master chief collection, and Dota 2, but they keep crashing after playing for about 5 minutes. I get an error saying that a driver has timed out. I also get another error message that I will post as an attachment too. Just got the new computer Saturday with the graphics card already installed on it and haven’t been able to play anything yet. Hoping to get some help to figure out what the problem i

5EEAD1F0-99BA-4BDE-BE97-041F21235361.jpeg

08A53839-98A9-48C7-9CF6-88181A2EB768.jpeg

18 Replies

I got that Driver Timeout  message when running Compubench 2.0 TV-L1 Optical Flow test on the Secondary Fiji GPU on a Radeon Pro Duo (Fiji) GPU on Adrenalin 2020 20.11.3 driver earlier today. 

The Primary Fiji GPU runs that test O.K. 

If you are prepared to let AMD Trawl your data then please file a bug report and include this as well. 
I cannot let any Data Trawl run on my PC. 

Thanks. 

0 Likes

@Purity  Check your driver settings in Radeon Software.

If you have any Radeon Software-Features enabled (Radeon Anti Lag, Boost, Chill, Image Sharpening, Enhanced Sync),

then reinstall your driver like this:

Radeon Software Crash Fix (link to other topic)

--- [ CPU: Ryzen 7 3800XT | GPU: ASRock RX 5700XT Challenger Pro 8GB | driver: 24.1.1 ]
--- [ MB: MSI B550-A Pro AGESA 1.2.0.7 | RAM: 2x 16GB 3600-CL16 | chipset: 6.01.25.342 ]

@RPX100 wrote:

@Purity  Check your driver settings in Radeon Software.

If you have any Radeon Software-Features enabled (Radeon Anti Lag, Boost, Chill, Image Sharpening, Enhanced Sync),

then reinstall your driver like this:

Radeon Software Crash Fix (link to other topic)

thanks for the reply. I gave it a try and it still didn’t work

0 Likes

Oh ok. I am sorry to hear, that the problem is still there for you.

Maybe the issue is caused by something else in your case.

I don't have experience with this message or this exact behavior of the driver.

So I can not really point you in the right direction, if the driver reinstall did not help. 

--- [ CPU: Ryzen 7 3800XT | GPU: ASRock RX 5700XT Challenger Pro 8GB | driver: 24.1.1 ]
--- [ MB: MSI B550-A Pro AGESA 1.2.0.7 | RAM: 2x 16GB 3600-CL16 | chipset: 6.01.25.342 ]
0 Likes
echidnastarchild
Journeyman III

This happened to me with ac valhalla and wd legion. I tried undervolting and underclocking both seemed to fixed it in my case. using a sapphire pulse 5700 xt

This has been happening to me aswell but with division 2, siege and warzone. I tried undervolting and overclocking my asus rog strix rx 5700xt but that only delayed the timeout. It is still happening just not as frequent. Has anyone else found a fix to the issue, I really don't wanna swap my gpu for something else anytime soon(wanted this specific gpu since I built the pc).

These are my specs:

R5 2600 OC at 4.0ghz/ asus rog strix rx 5700 xt/ Msi x570-a pro mobo/ teamgroup tforce 3200mhz 2x8gb/ id cooling auraflow x 240mm with 2x scythe kaze flex 120mm fans/ 6x inwin sirius loop 120mm fans/ adata 240gb ssd/ seagate barracuda 1tb 7200rpm hdd/ evga supernova g3 650w 80+gold

I have the same problem.

Deinstalled all drivers with the amd removal tool, installed new chipset drivers, bios and the newest adrenalin.

Changed the pcie settings from auto to pcie 3.

Has anyone a solution yet?

Bought a new PSU with 2 pci-e 8 pin cables, will arrive next monday.

I hope this will change something.

0 Likes

Try this fix it might help 

https://youtu.be/nHd0065duKE

0 Likes

Thanks for the suggestion but like I said, I have already done this.

0 Likes

idk why but I had the AMD Radeon Pro Drivers installed...

I deinstalled them and will check it tomorrow.

Gn8

0 Likes

Lol make sure you do clean reinstall otherwise you will have lot of problem . 

0 Likes

Lads!,

I think I made it.

I´ have deinstalled AMD Pro (idk how this driver have been installed on my system, maybe with the chipset drivers?) and everything related to AMD except the adrenalin software like Ryzen Master and so on.

I´´ ve installed the driver of my samsung 4k monitor (although that should not be necessary, cause windows install this)

And switched my cable from HDMI (the new 2.0) to Display Port.

5 hours of gaming without a driver timeout so far.

Fingers are still crossed.

Wish me luck.

did you find a fix?

@StubbornSpirit wrote:

Thanks for the suggestion but like I said, I have already done this.

0 Likes
Magnus005
Journeyman III

I am getting this error message as well, but on my PowerColor Red Dragon Radeon RX 570 8GB. This is fairly recent as I had to rebuild my system, replacing a faulty Kingston A1000 series M.2 SSD for a Seagate FireCuda as a boot drive.  

After many crashes within 5 minutes of games like Destiny 2 and apps like OCCT, I went back to the vendor support page and rolled back the driver build to 19.8.1, from August 2020 which by the way is the only version on their download page. It's not as butter smooth as the current driver but it didn't crash in 10 minutes of game play.

I too would like some advice... Could it be the drivers? The Vram? I am using a 650W PSU with an I5-7600K Intel on an MSI Krait gaming B250, so power shouldn't be an issue (card minimum requirements is a 450W PSU).

Screenshot 2020-12-07 140620.png

Thanks!

0 Likes

@Magnus005 Majority of time this errors can be fix by deleting AMD drivers with amd cleaning tools and reinstall then again. Make sure your windows is update too 

0 Likes
Geamic3
Journeyman III

I have all the additional degrees displayed. There is
a problem between the driver and a software like MSI Afterburner
from Intel and also the MSI Afterburner, only I turned on GPU Z and it doesn't
crash anymore even though the temperature is the same
0 Likes

you just turn on GPU-Z?  what you mean by that ?  

0 Likes

I've had this happen with my XFX RX 5700XT Thic III Ultra GPU, primarily when running the CEMU emulator at higher resolutions, 1800p or 2160p (4K). While the GPU performs well at those resolutions and the temps don't really rise above 60C, I still encountered the occasional hang-up followed by a "driver timeout" error box in Windows 10.

For me, what has reduced (and possibly eliminated...I'm not 100% certain yet) the timeout is disabling Freesync on my monitor and ensuring that dual monitors are off (I have the card hooked into a 4K UHDTV as a secondary monitor). I do stream games through Parsec and AMD does acknowledge that driver timeouts are a known issue on 21.7.2 (latest as of this post) in the Release notes.

Hopefully these timeouts are fixed...fortunately I do not experience driver timeouts/crashes with any other PC games, other than in CEMU. The real hassle with the AMD driver timeout is that my manual fan tuning is reset to default afterward, therefore I have to re-do my fan curve when this issue occurs. 

-------------------------------------------------------
Ryzen 9 5900X CPU, RX 6700 XT GPU, Windows 11 Pro x64 build 23H2
0 Likes