cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics

Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Radeon RX 5700 XT driver timeout

Radeon RX 5700 XT driver timeout I have tried playing smite, halo: master chief collection, and Dota 2, but they keep crashing after playing for about 5 minutes. I get an error saying that a driver has timed out. I also get another error message that I will post as an attachment too. Just got the new computer Saturday with the graphics card already installed on it and haven’t been able to play anything yet. Hoping to get some help to figure out what the problem i

5EEAD1F0-99BA-4BDE-BE97-041F21235361.jpeg

08A53839-98A9-48C7-9CF6-88181A2EB768.jpeg

0 Kudos
16 Replies
Esteemed Contributor III

Re: Radeon RX 5700 XT driver timeout

I got that Driver Timeout  message when running Compubench 2.0 TV-L1 Optical Flow test on the Secondary Fiji GPU on a Radeon Pro Duo (Fiji) GPU on Adrenalin 2020 20.11.3 driver earlier today. 

The Primary Fiji GPU runs that test O.K. 

If you are prepared to let AMD Trawl your data then please file a bug report and include this as well. 
I cannot let any Data Trawl run on my PC. 

Thanks. 

0 Kudos
Adept III
Adept III

@Purity  Check your driver settings in Radeon Software.

If you have any Radeon Software-Features enabled (Radeon Anti Lag, Boost, Chill, Image Sharpening, Enhanced Sync),

then reinstall your driver like this:

Radeon Software Crash Fix (link to other topic)

--- [ CPU: Ryzen 7 3800XT | GPU: ASRock RX 5700XT Challenger Pro 8GB | driver: 20.11.2 ]
--- [ MB: MSI B550-A Pro | RAM: 32GB 3600-CL16 | SSD: 2x 2TB NVMe ]
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

@RPX100 wrote:

@Purity  Check your driver settings in Radeon Software.

If you have any Radeon Software-Features enabled (Radeon Anti Lag, Boost, Chill, Image Sharpening, Enhanced Sync),

then reinstall your driver like this:

Radeon Software Crash Fix (link to other topic)

thanks for the reply. I gave it a try and it still didn’t work

0 Kudos
Adept III
Adept III

Oh ok. I am sorry to hear, that the problem is still there for you.

Maybe the issue is caused by something else in your case.

I don't have experience with this message or this exact behavior of the driver.

So I can not really point you in the right direction, if the driver reinstall did not help. 

--- [ CPU: Ryzen 7 3800XT | GPU: ASRock RX 5700XT Challenger Pro 8GB | driver: 20.11.2 ]
--- [ MB: MSI B550-A Pro | RAM: 32GB 3600-CL16 | SSD: 2x 2TB NVMe ]
0 Kudos
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

This happened to me with ac valhalla and wd legion. I tried undervolting and underclocking both seemed to fixed it in my case. using a sapphire pulse 5700 xt

Journeyman III
Journeyman III

This has been happening to me aswell but with division 2, siege and warzone. I tried undervolting and overclocking my asus rog strix rx 5700xt but that only delayed the timeout. It is still happening just not as frequent. Has anyone else found a fix to the issue, I really don't wanna swap my gpu for something else anytime soon(wanted this specific gpu since I built the pc).

These are my specs:

R5 2600 OC at 4.0ghz/ asus rog strix rx 5700 xt/ Msi x570-a pro mobo/ teamgroup tforce 3200mhz 2x8gb/ id cooling auraflow x 240mm with 2x scythe kaze flex 120mm fans/ 6x inwin sirius loop 120mm fans/ adata 240gb ssd/ seagate barracuda 1tb 7200rpm hdd/ evga supernova g3 650w 80+gold

I have the same problem.

Deinstalled all drivers with the amd removal tool, installed new chipset drivers, bios and the newest adrenalin.

Changed the pcie settings from auto to pcie 3.

Has anyone a solution yet?

Bought a new PSU with 2 pci-e 8 pin cables, will arrive next monday.

I hope this will change something.

0 Kudos

Try this fix it might help 

https://youtu.be/nHd0065duKE

0 Kudos

Thanks for the suggestion but like I said, I have already done this.

0 Kudos