Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

pedminacar
Adept I

Radeon rx 5700 xt crashes BF5

Hi

I'm facing a problem with BF5. I have the latest driver for the radeon rx 5700 xt, but after some time inside the game doesn't matter where (menus or in gaming) the screen freezes and after some time a black screen appear. If I wait some more time the screen says No Input and I have to shut down the PC. I noticed that if I press alt + enter while the screen is freezed, I'm back to desktop, but the game is closed. In the event viewer it says at the moment of the crash, Event ID=4101 "Display driver amdkmdap stopped responding and has successfully recovered.". On the amd site for the latest driver it says the following:

Known Issues
Some DirectX®11 API games may experience an application crash when performing a task switch with Radeon Image Sharpening enabled.
Enabling feature for Radeon ReLive such as Instant Replay, Instant Gif or In-Game Replay may cause the display or UI to flicker or stutter.
A loss of display with working audio may be experienced on a limited number of displays when performing a mode change on Radeon RX 5000 series graphics products.
A system crash or hang may occur when running the Final Fantasy XIV: Shadowbringers™ benchmark.
Integer Scaling may cause some video content to show flicker when the display resolution is set to less than native resolution.
The Radeon Software Overlay hotkey notification may sometimes be displayed during video playback in web browsers or launching some video player applications.
Radeon Software may open with an inconsistent size or may not keep its previously set size when opened.
Modifying the HDMI Scaling slider may cause FPS to become locked to 30.
Some Radeon RX 5700 series graphics users may intermittently experience a black screen while gaming or on desktop. A potential temporary workaround is disabling hardware acceleration in applications running in the background such as web browsers or Discord.
Some games may exhibit stutter or appear to be downclocking on Radeon RX 5000 series graphics products.
A black screen may occur when performing a mode change with a limited number of displays on Radeon RX 5700 series graphics products.

But I don't understand what mode change means.

Thank you in advance

EDIT: I noticed that the crash happens on fullscreen only. I played for more than an hour on windowed mode and didn't get any crash.

14 Replies
somuchhard
Adept II

BFV hang with 5700 also .... i don't understand yet if is a driver problem, a game problem or what .... amdmatt

0 Likes
Matt_AMD
Community Manager

Please provide the important information https://community.amd.com/thread/196209 

Do you have a web browser open or Discord running at the same time as when the crash occurs?

0 Likes

Hi,

No I don't have either a web browser or discord open. I have the last driver (20.1.2) in my graphics card.

PS: I didn't mention hardware since I thought it was not necessary for this kind of issue (a game crashing), but I'll put it in the main post anyway.

0 Likes
pedminacar
Adept I

I'm writing this post because I can't edit the main post.

CPU - AMD Ryzen 3600

Motherboard - MSI x570 A-Pro

RAM - Corsair Vengeance 2x8 GB 3200MHz

GPU - MSI Radeon rx 5700xt Mech OC

PSU - Corsair RM750x

OS - Windows 10 Home

0 Likes
jasonk679288
Adept I

My guess is it has nothing to do with your system but with the GPU.  I am having a lot of these same issues with my 5700 xt playing Overwatch.  game crashes upon exiting a match or the computer just restarts.  errors always point back to radeonsoftware.exe. 

0 Likes

Well it seems this has something to do with the drivers since I'm also facing the radeonsoftware.exe errors at the moment of the crashes

0 Likes
pedminacar
Adept I

Hi, I asked help from AMD customer care regarding this issue and they said to install driver 19.12.1. I've been playing for 5 hours and I haven't any issue. I think the new drivers have a bug.

0 Likes

Funny,  I heard back from tech support and they said to do a clean install of 20.2 1.  I don't think they know what is going on.

0 Likes

At the first time I called them, they told me to install 20.2.1, but since it didn't work, I called them again and they told me to install 19.12.1. Now the issue is fixed.

0 Likes

After 20.2.1 they told me 19.7.1.  That didn't work so I tried 19.12.1 and that too didn't work.  when I use the older versions I can't even control my fan speeds with the globalwattman settings.  The older drivers restart my system while in game while the new drivers just crash it.  I think I am going to try and unload this card on Ebay and go back to an Nvidia card.  AMD is trash.

0 Likes
juone06
Journeyman III

Install 19.12.2 driver..since after that, never face any prob

0 Likes

As others have mentioned this is a known issue to users not sure if AMD recognizes it as a problem. Most have had to regress to a driver that worked better for them. I suggest you open a support ticket with AMD, the more that do the more they realize they have a problem that needs fixing. https://www.amd.com/en/support/contact

0 Likes
beelzebozo
Adept I

image.jpg

0 Likes
stegcon
Journeyman III

I'm having issues with MW I think I found out what the issue is but not how to fix it I tried overclocking cos when I checked online a lot of people said it's to do with the MHz so when I used the built in overclock on Radeon it said 200mhz vram clock speed and wouldn't go any higher to handle the game so would crash instead also the Power Consumption is also capped @ 10w I don't have any idea on how to fix this and either does a lot of other forums I also contacted AMD directly but they just give me a list of things to do which I already tried all of them so now I'm stuck with a faulty GPU and down a lot of money since I got the Nitro + version. Pls help if u know what to do now I'll try anything at this point apart from smashing my GPU which I have considered.

0 Likes