cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

whocares_
Journeyman III

Radeon RX 5700 XT Black Screen at boot

Hello, I'm reaching out to basically anyone with some sort of insight to my current issue. I recently purchased the aforementioned graphics card in the title and when i installed the card i encountered an issue I've yet to come across. The issue is as follows, when i turn on my computer with the card installed it shows my normal boot screen (with the motherboard company logo and the option to enter the BIOS and what not), but when it attempts to load into windows the screen goes black and then it just sits there. Which naturally is puzzling as i believed the card would be compatible with my current hardware as all research i did claimed i would be fine, but short of just assuming that the card is defective I'm willing to accept that my research may have been incorrect. I will provide my PC specs and hopefully someone can tell me i goofed somewhere and the card is fine.

Motherboard-M5A78L-M PLUS/USB3

CPU- AMD FX-8350

Memory- 24gb DDR3

Current card- Radeon RX 560

Desired Card-Radeon RX 5700 XT 50th Anniversary

PSU- 750W

OS-Windows 10 home

Storage- 256GB SSD, 1TBHDD

p.s. I've tried swapping from HDMI to Display Port with multiple different cables of each across 3 separate monitors

0 Likes
4 Replies

UEFI support on mobo ?

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes
tom91
Journeyman III

I am also having the same issue, I have just got the Red Devil 5700XT with a B450 Tomahawk MAX and Ryzen 5 3600, I have had lots of issues, I am currently using the release BIOS (7C02v30) as the latest one it seemed to happen more frequently and most of the time would cylce through post and never boot.

I seem to have got the PC mostly(!) stable and running games however when I boot the screen will show the Arsenal logo then once booting into windows it will go blank, I can fix this by removing the DP cable and using a different port or replugging it back in (sometimes). It has about a 50 / 50 chance of doing this on startup, either from a reboot or cold boot.

Does anyone have any solutions, I am running  19.9.2 display drivers and have XMP profile on in the BIOS, I have also removed and reset the GPU and RAM.

0 Likes
whocares_
Journeyman III

goodplay‌ Does not appear to have UEFI capabilities. I've also discovered that the drivers for my mobo are incompatible with Win10 or at least there is no win10 version of the mobo drivers, which is where i would presume the issue resides. However I've had the same issue on windows 7 which happened to be pirated at the time, thinking that the illegal copy of win 7 had something to do with it possibly i bought win 10 and didn't seem to need to update my MOBO drivers even though i reformatted the install partition and performed a clean install. My lan and audio drivers were still intact without my intervention so i presumed that the chip set and Bios drivers had carried over as well somehow. One thing i haven't done is a semi common solution that I've been seeing which is reconnecting the video cable after windows attempts to start. Will try that in the morning.

0 Likes

Sorry, i'm not familiar with amd mobo's, if you don't have an option in mobo bios to change to UEFI for graphics card (which all/most cards are now), it may be the problem.

Older systems may not be able to cope with newer hardware, 2020 is going to hurt a lot of peeps with old intel/amd/ms windows..)).

Technology moves forward/old tech gets (deprecated(MS speak for forget about it)we're moving forward).

IMO, anything pre 2015 is obsolete (inside knowledge is ms is moving on to newer hardware/software only).

ps...NDA.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes