cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

mysticaxe
Journeyman III

Radeon RX 5700 Monster hunter Black screen Crash

I have an AMD Radeon RX 5700 for GPU and my CPU is a AMD Ryzen 7 2700 Eight-core Processor. I've only have had Monster Hunter world Iceborne cause my game to crash with all current updates. I am confused and tried to fix it like making a tdr file for timing. I have not reset the gpu or unistalled and reinstalled. I have had it crash with either the  ERR12 or just black screen freeze. I am Hoping to get this fixed with help and not linked to another forum in which they are not using the same graphics and cpu as me to fix that issue.  I can supply logs and other things necessary just need to know where to get them to post them. 

This has not happened on any other game such as, 7daystodie, longdark, vrchat, destiny 2, and elite dangerous have not caused this issue with my graphics card. 

I am currently running monster hunter world with high texture pack and lowest graphics quality. 

7 Replies
adequaspar
Journeyman III

I'm having the same issue with the same setup, did you find a solution?

0 Likes
adequaspar
Journeyman III

I ended up getting the game to run by underclocking my gpu and turning on direct x 12 in the graphics file in the games folder. Hope that helps

0 Likes
harest
Adept II

They said there's issues with HQ textures atm. I had full ERR12 with them as soon as the game started the scene in the tavern.

So as they advised i deactivated them. But for some reasons there's still the black screen launch and sometimes the game will load, sometimes like a few minutes ago it'll hang on a black screen forever with nothing responding, only the mouse cursor moving on a black screen, no keyboard shortcut working. I saw on the forum the Win+Ctrl+Shift+B thing but it never fixed anything when i used it. Most of the time i just have to hard reset. It's a new PC, 5700xt & ryzen 5 3600. Very promising... I never had so many problems with a PC, and morep recisely a GPU as of yet. My 2 previous cards being a 4870 and a 7870.

0 Likes
juone06
Journeyman III

try 19.12.2 driver..i dont face any problem after install this..

other driver make crash/black/green/hang

0 Likes
pedminacar
Adept I

I installed driver 19.12.1 and now my problem is fixed. I think the solution for this card is to install a older driver, the new one has a bug. I say this because I called AMD customer care and they told me to install that driver.

0 Likes
bampi
Adept II

Same problem using 5700XT and latest drivers 20.4.2 with MHW.

I think the problem lies with AMD Radeon drivers. A week ago i'm using Nvidia 1070. Zero issues.

I get ERR12 when i'm using the overlay that monitors temps etc like MSI Afterburner or Radeon's metrics overlay (alt-z, alt-r, ctrl-shift-o).

0 Likes

I've read somewhere that disabling Game Mode, Game Bar, and Captures in Windows 10 could fix some things. 

0 Likes