cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

jag88
Adept I

Radeon RX 5700 BSODs

Getting constant VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE, atikmpag.sys, page fault in non-paged area, etc BSODs. Thought it was the ram at first but it does this regardless of what ram I have in the system, and if I swap out the RX 5700 for an old RX 580 the problem goes away immediately. Something is wrong with these RX 5700s and frankly I think AMD needs to stop selling them until they fix all the issues, I feel like AMD reached into my pocket and stole $349.99...

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x

Cooler: Scythe Shuriken 3
Mobo: Asus ROG Strixx B450i mini-itx (BIOS 2602)
Ram: 2x16gb Kingston Hyper-x Predator DDR3600 CL17-19-19-39 (currently running at 2400mhz CL18 defaults)

SSD: Addlink S70 2TB nvme pci-e gen 3

PSU: Corsair SF600 SFX 600w

GPU: Sapphire Radeon RX 5700 (Adrenalin 19.81)

Monitor: Dell S2719DGF 1440p @ 144hz

I started a return on the GPU (and ram just to be triple sure) but from what I am reading it looks like it may actually be an issue with Adrenalin 19.81... I will try an older version tonight when I get home and report back.

3 Replies
farns
Adept I

Turn off firefox hardware acceleration, turn off adaptive sync.

0 Likes
alseu
Challenger

This issue could occur if GPU is taking more time than permitted to display graphics to your monitor or if the TDR setting is set too low. Delaying the TDR time can resolve the issue.
Try to follow this guide and tell if it helped: TDR fix

I had few BSoD event's with 5700xt when starting or exiting applications (never during the process) and i knew 100% that my cpu and ram are stable (hours of prime95 and memtest86), that my psu has no issues (hours of aida stress testing with vega 64 at +50% power limit) and nothing is overheating. With the delayed TDR time i haven't  encountered single BSoD with this system anymore.
Running with pci-e gen 4 enabled on a B450 motherboard

nap030
Journeyman III

BIOS -> advanced -> PCIEX16_1 Mode -> Gen 3

0 Likes