Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

ausername
Journeyman III

RADEON RX 5600 XT not detecting second monitor, or a single DP

One monitor using the HDMI port works perfectly fine

A second monitor using a Displayport to hdmi works perfectly fine, and seems to take priority, while booting. As soon as windows starts up however, the DP monitor goes black and can no longer be detected.

Both monitors using displayport causes both to black out and lose input as soon as windows starts.

Unplugging the second monitor completely and attempting a single displayport monitor also drops input when windows starts.

I've tried every combination of turning it off and on again (including the drivers). I've tried swapping the cables around (both monitors work fine with hdmi). I just want a second monitor. 

2 Replies
Pinhel
Adept I

very impressive that this is a common issue, this is the forth post I reply to. I should have heard everyone who told me to go for nvidia... **bleep** money. I have a cintiq that I used up to yesterday, today it was off the plug when I turned on the computer, bang, Its output does not turn on. NO SIGNAL. The tablet itself is working, but not the display. Had that issue a month ago and a driver updated frm radeon solved it. I ma puzzled that from sudden the problem started today again

tkyeung2000
Journeyman III

I have a XP-PEN drawing screen as my second monitor and I used over a year up to yesterday, it was off when I using, Its output does not turn on. NO SIGNAL. The tablet itself is working, but not the display ( When I connect to MACBOOK is fine, I can use the tablet as 2nd monitor,). I have updated the driver and my PC still cannot detect it in window. And now my case is same as Journeyman III, so I think the problem comes from RADEON RX 5600 XT .

0 Likes