Radeon Software Edition

Crimson ReLive

Windows Version

Windows 7 (Service Pack 1) (64 bit)

System Memory

16 GB (1333Mhz)

CPU Type

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz

Mobo ASUS P8Z68-V PRO (Nuvoton NCT6776F)

PSU 1000W BeQuiet Dark Power Pro

Displays

Asus VE278 via HMDI

Medion MD20888 (Connected via HDMI to Displayport converter)

I also am currently running with Multi monitor IGPU support in my bios.

Already tried: Increased frequency on GPU by 4%, increased memory to 2200MHz, increased power limit to max (30%), but also tried on stock settings and with 10% more power, always the same issue. The GPU is not overheating. Its not even reaching 60 or 70 degrees celcius.

Since i plugged the second one, just sitting on windows screen has heavy stuttering on both screens, they run at 59Hz refresh rate, both are 1080p, Just out of blue, making squares on the screen feels like a slide show. Sometimes under some heavier load (Video, browser + Game). I'v been already trying to lower the power input and also increasing it to the max, to 10%, overclocking it, downclocking, but nothing seems to help here, and i couldn't find anyone with this issue anywhere so far. I did full clear reinstallation couple of times already. with one screen, with both of them, and by that i mean going to safe mode, unstall hardware in dev manager, uninstall the drivers, restart, let him install hardware, restart, install drivers. Nothing helps.

Warframe running at DX11 is completly crashing the graphic card once MSA is on, if i avoid using That, it will run. No matter if dual monitor or single one. The prices went up on the GPU, and you cannot order another one for next 6 months. Should i RMA the card?

*Update* RMA'ed the Card. We'll see where it leads...

*Update* RMA came back negative, GPU is fully functional. So they say. Wat da fuq. Will try to run it Windows 10. If it will not solve the issue, then i'll just sell it.

*Update* Radeon Software Version 17.8.2, also changed few settings in bios, turned off EPU, turned off hardware acceleration for CPU (as its already 10y old and even win10 refused to install on it,  [bill dafuq mate]) and dual screen is still a no go, but hey, warframe is not crashing, so that's something. Gonna keep on digging.

*Update* Drivers Radeon Software Version 16.8.2 (Stock drivers for my powercolor red devil) resolved my issue with warframe, and dual screen lag is probally caused by 10y.o motherboard that does not support enough data transfer via PCI, the fastest (x4) PCI Express is unavaible due to PSU and Mid-tower case not fitting the DVI out of the box.

TL;DR Mobo is too slow for this card. Drivers are faulty? f#@k knows.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
rebelyell
Exemplar

Re: Radeon RX 480 PowerColor Red Devil 8GB multi monitor issue win7

turn the power in wattman to the max its either 25 or 50% + this will disable power efficient in registry.

turn off power efficiency in crimson radeon global, also turn off chill in wattman .  reboot. reboot any time you change a power feature in radeon settings. its the same as making a registry change reboot to ensure it is locked in.

make sure windows is updated completly and check if any failed and if any have go to micro soft and search for windows update repair tool.

0 Kudos
kingfish
MVP

The most common cause of issues with Win7 is a un-patched OS. You must run Windows Update and install all the available 'critical', 'recommended', and relevant 'optional' updates before installing the AMD drivers. WU must tell you that "There are no more updates available".

If you have any third party graphics controllers, delete them as they all conflict with AMD/Wattman settings and controls. (Asus,Trixx,Afterburner,etc)

Please read >  AMD graphics performance

0 Kudos
person7557
Journeyman III

in my case, max power limit is 30%. I already tried that, didn't help.

Power effi in global settings is off, chill option is also off in wattman.

My windows is up to date.

Appriciate the effort and response, yet it is not the solution to my issue.

0 Kudos
person7557
Journeyman III

My windows is up to date. I do not have any third party software for GPU, nor previous drivers as i installed new OS on SSD as this GPU arrived.

0 Kudos
rebelyell
Exemplar

you dont want windows to install any gpu drivers at all monitor maybe. make sure you have hardware driver updates off. all anti virus even windows defender. take a look in c:/ drive AMD folder and see how many drivers are in there.. but we should reinstall drivers. use DDU to uninstall drivers and make sure the amd folder is deleted when you finish uninstalling. come back to the site and get the full newest update driver package. for your gpu. and see if we are good then..

if you dont use relive there isnt a need to install it when it asks you. try that and post back.

0 Kudos
person7557
Journeyman III

I'v done that like 3 months ago. It is not drivers related. For instance, Warframe crashes my GPU completly (Black screen, fans turn off, no singal), there was some update, it worked for a while and now its back to crashing my GPU. I'v achieved the same situation while playing GRIP on max settings with youtube video playing on 2nd screen. After round 5-7 minutes it crashed my gpu (black screen etc) while freezing the 2nd screen, and after that everything worked like a charm. Even warframe. 2 days ago i decided to go back to single screen, but warframe is still crashing my GPU. I'm lately thinking about RMA'ing the card.

0 Kudos