cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics

elstaci
MVP

Re: Radeon R9 Fury - Card keeps overheating with stock settings

No need to apologize or feel sorry. This happens all the time.

You are correct that the OP never mentioned about using a 3rd Party software. Kingfish was just stating that IF the OP DECIDED to USE a 3rd party software, to not bother to follow any advice from the rest of the thread, since all the advice given was concerned with Wattman.

You will find out that some OP's, here in the Forum, after being recommended not to use a 3rd party OC software, will still install or keep using it because they feel it is better than Wattman. The Users say it doesn't cause any problems (many times it seems to be true in certain computer setups) but it still is not recommended by AMD Forum.

What is weird, I received Kingfish's reply at Mar 30, 2018 8:59 PM while yours was just received after Kingfish's reply at Mar 30, 2018 8:32 PM .  You should have seen Kingfish reply before your posted your comment.

elstaci
MVP

Believe it or not, even at Nvidia Forum, the knowledgeable Users recommend to uninstall all 3rd party software. Wattman is the only OC software made to work exclusively with AMD Drivers.

IMO, all 3rd Party OC software interferes, to some degree, with AMD/Nvidia/Intel Graphic drivers since Graphic Drivers are made exclusively for their specific GPU cards and 3rd party OC softwares are generic to work with any manufacturer's GPU cards.

Unless, for instance, you install MSI Customized Graphic Drivers so that MSI Afterburner will be compatible. But I don't know if Graphic Card/Motherboard manufacturer's make customized Graphic Drivers or not. Most likely they don't and just copy drivers from AMD/Nvidia/Intel.

0 Likes
pokester
MVP

if your speaking of this reply from him.

"That's exactly what I meant. As long as the poster understands, that's all that matters."

Was there another message with a better explanation I am missing still and have not read?

If not yes, I saw that. Read exactly like someone saying: "I don't give a darn what you think".

So no I replied to the person, you, who took a second to consider someones opinion other than their own, and try and interject some courtesy into the conversation. I replied to you because you were nice, and always have been.

If we are looking at what is weird, based on time tables it is that he didn't respond about what I said until 2 hours after your comment.

Even if that is what he meant I don't know how it served to better anything for the OP. After all it was everyone but the OP saying anything about other apps. I saw nobody recommending their use only saying not to as well. Don't even get know why it needed to be said. But I respect his right in these forums to say what he wants to say. Just as I would hope to say what I have to say without someone constantly trying to prove me wrong and trying prove their information as fact, and then telling someone not to listen to others. But yes when I am going to say something is when I feel like someone is basically saying "shut up, your not worth listening to".

0 Likes