cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

jacopino
Journeyman III

Radeon r9 280 x

Hi there. I wanted to purchase a RADEON r9 280x but before i do that i want to be sure it can go with my H-CUPERTINO2-H61-uA TX (Cupertino2) motherboard.

If anyone can please tell me it would be a great help. im still not quite sure. I tried to install my brother gtx1050 but it won't work, i hope its just a chip issue and with the radeon it will run fine. Now i have a Radeon 7050 and it works fine.

0 Likes
1 Reply
jteirich
Journeyman III

I now know a lot about why the motherboard won't work with a GTX1050, although there are some sometimes-effective workarounds. It is a UEFI/legacy BIOS problem. The newer NVIDIA cards all have this problem with this motherboard. I am curious if you ended up installing the r9 280x and if it worked for you. I just picked up an old HP pavilion with this motherboard (not knowing about this problem) and was hoping to install an RX 480 in it. AMD cards use a hybrid BIOS and I'm hopeful to get this to work. I have seen people still have problems with AMD cards and this motherboard but there are far fewer threads about it and I haven't found a definite answer. Here's a thread about the workaround for the video cards, there is a lot of info in the comments also:

How I got GeForce GTX to work on Cupertino2 - YouTube

0 Likes