Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics

peror5
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Radeon R5 M430 error code43,Lenovo V310-15IKB

Hello!

I am having troubles installing GPU driver on my brand new laptop. It has win 7 64bit on it.
Cant quite figure out where the problem is but I tried already:
-install and uninstall (with AMD instructions)

-use crimson 16 (earlier)

-use display driver uninstaller

But nothing really helps… any suggestion?

0 Kudos
8 Replies
kingfish
Esteemed Contributor III

Re: Radeon R5 M430 error code43,Lenovo V310-15IKB

Brand new laptop? With Win7?

You need to supply more info > INFORMATION REQUIRED WHEN POSTING A QUESTION  Graphics? OS? Processor?

0 Kudos
peror5
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

1. Oh sorry, the notebook came with free dos. I installed win 7.

Specs:

cpu: i5-7200U

ram: 8GB

gpu: radeon r5 m430

No matter what I do I always get: Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43).

0 Kudos
kingfish
Esteemed Contributor III

Two things come to mind:

Your Win7 OS is not Fully updated. SP1 is just a part. AMD drivers will not install or work correctly until all critical, recommended, optional updates are applied.

If you do not get this message...keep installing..all of them.

The Intel graphics driver must be installed first...before installing the AMD driver. It must be the latest Intel driver available...use the Intel driver finder to install it > Drivers & Software

Clean Install AMD Graphics Drivers

0 Kudos
malovelent
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Hello,

I am experiencing the same problems, yet they are somewhat different:

CPU - Intel Core i5 6200U

Graphics - Radeon R5 M430 2gb

Ram - 8gb

OS - Win 10

Apparently, whenever I try to play any game that I have, it is constantly using the Intel HD graphics for playing. I have loaded the new Crimson Drivers to solve this issue and not it says the R5 graphics are "Discrete / Hybrid" Im not sure what that means, but I am unsure how to use R5 graphics instead of Intel HD.

PS: Im sorta new to the whole "PC master race" thing, so I don't know much about BIOS and drivers. Thanks!)

0 Kudos
kingfish
Esteemed Contributor III

0 Kudos
peror5
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Hello.

I think we got misunderstood. The os Win7 has SP1 installed AND is also fully updated.

Hm. I’ve heard this about Intel drivers… but are they for R5 or integrated graphic?

I can not quite understood why would amd GPU need Intel drivers to work properly…

Both intel and amd drivers can be found on Lenovo support site for win 7 x64, however I cant install the intel one – always get an error that is not compatible with OS. So I assume the problem is here.
Thanks for assistance

0 Kudos
kingfish
Esteemed Contributor III

You have switchable graphics. One is Intel and the other is AMD. They are updated separately. Please read the owners manual of your laptop.

Laptop graphics update...How to

0 Kudos
ray_m
Community Manager
Community Manager

Since you have not responded to the suggestions provided, I am locking this thread.

If you are still experiencing this issue, feel free to open a new thread, following the guidelines here : INFORMATION REQUIRED WHEN POSTING A QUESTION

0 Kudos