cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

Craig_S
Journeyman III

Radeon pro WX 3200 mDP to DVI

Are the mini mini display ports on the WX 3200  "dual mode compliant:  (++ symbol)  allowing passive mDP to DVI cable use? Can't seem to find any details about this on the AMD site.

I want to connect a Radeon Pro Wx3200 to my three existing LG 22MB35V DVI  monitors and would like to know if  I can use passive cables or do I need DVI cables and active adapters.  Nothing fancy one cable for each monitor no chaining or muxing.  nonitors are 1920 x 1080 @60Hz.

It is my understanding that if the DP port is "dual mode compliant"  passive cables should work.

0 Likes
2 Replies

AMD Moderator for Professional GPU cards can probably help you with your question @fsadough.

He will probably answer next week if possible.

EDIT: Found this User at Amazon reviewing a HP WX3200 GPU card and he mentions it is Dual mode for the MiniDP Ports: https://www.amazon.com/HP-Graphics-Card-Profile-DisplayPort/dp/B07Z6CNHR6

Screenshot 2021-11-26 200047.png

NOTE: I have no idea how dependable or accurate this User's answer is.

Even though this a HP OEM WX3200, I believe the MiniDP Port specs should be the same as a regular AMD WX3200. I could be wrong though.

0 Likes

Starting Radeon Pro VII and Radeon Pro W5xxx & W6xxx products you can use all passive adapters to drive multiple displays. The restriction on other boards were to apply on more than 2x displays anyways. You should be OK with 2x mDP-DVI passive adapters. On 3th display and above, you would need an active adapter.