cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

rudejeep
Adept I

Radeon Pro WX 3200 install issues

Just picked up this WX 3200 to replace my FirePro V4900.  I've been building and playing with PCs for 20+ years, and I've never had this happen: I install the card, power up the machine and....nothing.  No display.

I did manage to put both cards into the machine and get the WX 3200 to install and work, but I'm guessing driver conflicts are causing the WX 3200 driver to crash, so that's not an option.  I've never installed a video card into a machine and not had a display so I could see the machine POST.

I'm at a loss.

0 Likes
1 Solution

I suggest you RMA the WX3200

View solution in original post

0 Likes
22 Replies

@fsadough  AMD Moderator of Professional GPU Card might have an answer.

0 Likes
fsadough

1. Provide the BIOS Part Number under Radeon Software / System / Hardware
  2. Provide info from the command "winver" 
  3. How are you connecting the monitor with WX3200?
    1. Provide info on cables/adapters used
    2. What is the make and model of your monitor?
0 Likes

1. Provide the BIOS Part Number under Radeon Software / System / Hardware
  2. Provide info from the command "winver" 
  3. How are you connecting the monitor with WX3200?
    1. Provide info on cables/adapters used
    2. What is the make and model of your monitor?

I guess I'm confused.  Since I can't boot the system with just the WX 3200 in the machine, and it's very unstable with both it and the old card in the machine, I can't provide the BIOS part number.

Winver: Version 20H2 (OS Build 19042.1266)

Monitors are Acer X233h, connect to the card via mini DP to HDI cables.  With both cards in the machine, I get display from the WX 3200...until the driver crashes.
0 Likes

Man, you'd think I had been drinking.  Monitors are connected with mini DP to HDMI cables (these monitors don't have DP inputs).

0 Likes

Didn't you say:
I did manage to put both cards into the machine and get the WX 3200 to install and work,

0 Likes

I did, but the WX 3200 driver crashes after a short time.  I assume that's a driver conflict between the WX 3200 and FirePro V4900 drivers.  If you remove the FirePro, you're back to square one, no display.  If it had continued to work, that would have been an acceptable workaround.  Still kinda stupid, but acceptable.

0 Likes

OK.

1. Just remove WX3200 and leave V4900 in the system only.
  2. Install V4900 driver from:
    https://www.amd.com/en/support/professional-graphics/legacy-products/firepro-v-series/firepro-v4900
  3. Provide an AMDZ Report:

- Please extract the amdz-v295.zip available from https://we.tl/t-Up0QRmuW6e
    - Run amdz.exe file as an Administrator
    - Select “Save All“ and “TXT“ as the output format
    - Click on the blue button to save the report
    - The .txt file will be saved in the same folder where you extracted the zipped file
0 Likes

Ok, well the output of the text file is more than 35,000 characters, so I can't post it, and I don't see an option for simply attaching the text file.

So now what?

0 Likes

Use WeTransfer and provide the Download link

0 Likes

Your exact motherboard model is not captured, can you please provide it?

0 Likes

Asus Maximus Hero VI

0 Likes

fsadough, one step ahead of you on most of this:

BIOS was updated to latest version, reset to defaults.

Chipset drivers have been updated

Windows is having trouble pushing the latest update, so that has yet to be done, but like with the chipset drivers, I don't think this is an OS related issue, since the card has no video during POST.

I'll double check the Intel integrated graphics, but if that's been enabled, it's been enabled since the system was assembled years ago, and there has never been a monitor attached to the on board video.

I've been using DDU every time I tried a different configuration to make this card work.

The card has been tried in multiple PCIe slots, all with the same results.

The card has been tried in a completely different computer with the same result: no video on POST.

Additionally, I installed a nVidia card yesterday to boot the machine, then installed the WX 3200 and its drivers.  It has a display, connected to two monitors, but this results in some REALLY bizarre system operation: I was just transferring files from one folder to another, with that file transfer dialog being on one of the monitors connected to the WX 3200.  The system immediately became choppy and unresponsive, and when I managed to open task manager, the CPU was maxed out with interrupt requests.  Also, when the computer goes to the lock screen, and then to power save so that the monitors shut off, it starts blinking between the displays, and they never fully shut off.  One display on nVidia, two on the 3200.  Once you log back in, it takes a couple of minutes for one of the displays to come back up, all the while Windows is trying to figure out what objects should be on what monitor.  It's really strange.

I suggest you RMA the WX3200

0 Likes

10-4, thank you.

0 Likes

Update:  I put this card into another machine I have, and same result: no video.  Same mini DP to HDMI cable, same monitor.

0 Likes

Also, you asked for BIOS version, and there's a sticker on the card:

Bios: 113-D0155401-100

0 Likes

are you using a "active" MiniDP to HDMI cabe or "Passive" MiniDP to HDMI cable?

0 Likes

It's passive.  I didn't think anything of it because once I got the old card and new card in and got a video signal, I figured it had to be something else.  I wasn't even aware of these cables coming in active or passive until you mentioned it.

0 Likes

Here's an example of one: https://www.amazon.com/CableCreation-DisplayPort-Eyefinity-Multi-Screen-Support/dp/B01FM50QJC

Screenshot 2021-11-09 105732.png

The "Active" adapters are more compatible then the "Passive" type adapter or cables.

0 Likes

I shouldn't need an active cable.  Like I said, I can get video if I can boot the computer with the old card and install the drivers, and the DisplayPort 1.3 standard includes dual mode operation, so you can use a passive cable.  This card has DisplayPort 1.4, but that feature from 1.3 carries forward.

0 Likes