cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

maclighter
Adept I

Radeon Pro W6600 problems with 3 screens

Windows 11 (latest), Intel i7 8700K, Radeon Pro W6600, 21Q4 driver, Asus Prime Z-370A motherboard, 32Gb Ram, 850W Power supply, three screens at 2560x1440.

Whenever I connect the third screen I get either a time out error or all three screens come on then go black and no longer give any image. Previously worked fine on Radeon Pro WX5100.

Two screens (Acer ED323QR and Acer ED321 HQU) are fine in any config, any socket. The third screen (Acer VG271) causes the problem. That screen is fine on its own and is sometimes fine if you are already booted up and then switch on/connect the screen. If its connected during sleep then bringing the PC out od sleep gives three black screens.

I've tried a clean re-install of the drivers.

Any ideas?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Whilst I've had problems with the latest drivers not installing cleanly over that latest windows 11, the cable change has solved the timeout problem.

Traced it back and its rated at DP1.2 4K UHD, but clearly isn't liked by the W6600.

Many thanks for all those that offered your help

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Here is a copy of the W6600 Specs PDF: https://www.amd.com/system/files/documents/radeon-pro-W6600-datasheet.pdf

Screenshot 2021-12-30 211852.png

but AMD Moderator of Professional GPU Card can assist you with your issue @fsadough 

How are all 3 monitors connected to the W6600 and what Resolutions & Frequencies in each monitor while connected?

0 Likes

Thanks @elstaci

@fsadough  connnected as follows:

Desktop extended across all three. GPR ports numbered as installed from left to right 4, 3, 2, 1. Seems also to be how the GPU/Windows numbers them. Motherboard/PCI connector on the left.

1 - Left-hand side mount, connected to right-hand side GPU port via 1.8m DP cable. 2560 x 1440, 60Hz, 8bit, RGB, SDR, ACER EB321HQU

2 - Right-hand side mount, connected to port 2 on GPU via 1.8m DP cable. 2560 x1440, 75Hz, 8bit, RGB, SDR, ACER ED323QUR

3 - Right-hand side and above monitor 2, connected to Port 4 on GPU via 2m DP cable (tried ports 3 and 1 as well). 2560 x 1440, 60Hz tried 100 and 120Hz too), 10bit, RGB, SDR (tried HDR too), ACER VG271U

All monitors have the latest drivers installed. The connection cables are rated suitable for DP1.2, 4K@60Hz 

FYI, FSADOUGH seems to be inactive for a few weeks now. It is possible he is on Holiday vacation or very busy. So no one knows, except maybe the AMD Moderators, when FSADOUGH will become active again at AMD Forums to answer Users with Professional GPU cards.

0 Likes

Please send an AMDZ-Report along your motherboard info (exact make and model).

AMDZ Report
- Please extract the amdz-v295.zip available from https://we.tl/t-LyrEk0TNDW
- Run amdz.exe file as an Administrator
- Select “Save All“ and “TXT“ as the output format
- Click on the blue button to save the report
- The .txt file will be saved in the same folder where you extracted the zipped file 

AMDZ txt file here https://we.tl/t-OZwo0rjNhV

MB = ASUS Prime Z370-A Rev 1.04

As an aside, I've ordered three new DP cables, all the same spec, all the same length and of a known spec from a rated supplier. I'll let you know if that makes a difference.

0 Likes

I don't see any issues on the report except having an older version of the VBIOS, which is irrelevant to your problem.  Try the new cables and if you still see the same problem we could update your VBIOS.

1. On which PCIE slot is the W6600 installed?
  2. You have plenty of SSDs installed. Where are they installed?
  3. For more detailed info on the system, can you please provide a BELARC report?
    http://www.belarc.com/free_download.html
0 Likes

1) Slot 1 closest to CPU

2) Yeah, probably too many, but I'm waiting to upgrade/combine when the price comes down. All installed at the front base of the case. About as far from the GPU as practical. Also I have plenty of air flow, as in they don't get in the way. CPU is about 35C and the motherboard 28C unless under load.

3) Wait one... new cables installed this morning. 3rd screen was on so far for 6 hours without a timeout. I've also added a fourth 1080P screen as a test on a combined DP to HDMI adapter, no problems there either.

Will let it run either until a fault, in which case I'll upload the belarc report, failing that I'll report back next week if its all clear.

Whilst I've had problems with the latest drivers not installing cleanly over that latest windows 11, the cable change has solved the timeout problem.

Traced it back and its rated at DP1.2 4K UHD, but clearly isn't liked by the W6600.

Many thanks for all those that offered your help