cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

lennonb
Journeyman III

Radeon Pro W5700 crashing about 1/day

I built a CAD workstation last month, and am having daily crashes due to the video card driver. It happens whether or not I am in Solidworks. The system specs are Asus motherboard with x570 chipset, Ryzen 3900x processor, 32GB DDR4, and AMD Radeon Pro W5700. I am using the Q1.2020 drivers, and was using the Q4.2019 drivers previously (both have the same problem).

Any help you can offer would be greatly appreciated.

Brian

0 Likes
7 Replies
lennonb
Journeyman III

Update... for the first time, I got the following information from the BSOD in windows. The stop code was VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE, and the file throwing the error was ATIKMPAG.SYS.

expatiate
Adept II

I just installed a W5500 into a brand new similar build (X570/3700X/32Gb) and I have been having almost daily crashes too, down to driver issues. Also have no fan data/tuning. I used the AMD Cleanup Utility plus clean re-installs. Hopefully the next Pro Driver update will fix the problem for this generation of cards. My WX 7100 NEVER crashed and I guess I was a little spoiled by how stable it was. Quite a shock to see a Pro card behave so poorly...

0 Likes

What speeds are each part running on cf. the fsb? maybe your ram is clocking at 2400Mhz and cpu hitting the bus at 3000+ for example? No tuning doesn't necessarily mean "as stable as it can ever be" especially for diy builds. Not because of your ability or anything, just because that exact combination of components hasn't been assembled and confirmed to be compatible or assessed for performance/stability very many times, if at all.

0 Likes

I have already had one W5500 replaced under warranty but the new card also produces random system crashes. I am sure the card is to blame because for 6 weeks I used a replacement (WX 3100) and had ZERO crashes. Very disappointed in this so-called professional card.

0 Likes

Hello,

i have exactly the same problem. Daily crashes with the replaced under warrenty W5500.

also with the Q4 driver installed.

Are ther any solutions?

Thanks!

BR.

0 Likes

Same thong here: with a brand new w5500, crashes are frequent on all winows platforms i tested: windows 10, windows 7.

Shameful to call it profissional card. 

0 Likes
fsadough

The information is not sufficient to debug the issue. Can you please provide an AMDZ Report?

AMDZ Report
- Please extract the amdz-v292.zip available from https://we.tl/t-bQfdBg4Ygt
- Run amdz.exe file as an Administrator
- Select “Save All“ and “TXT“ as the output format
- Click on the blue button to save the report
- The .txt file will be saved in the same folder where you extracted the zipped file

0 Likes