cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

hubick
Adept I

Radeon Pro VII: Mini-DisplayPort Adapters Included?

Hi,

I just ordered a Radeon Pro VII and wondered if any Mini-DisplayPort Adapters are included in the box?

Reading the description for another card, the WX 9100, on B&H says that card includes four Mini-DisplayPort to DisplayPort adapters and an HDMI adapter in the box, but the amd.com product page for the WX 9100 makes no mention of such accessories. Neither B&H nor amd.com mentions them for the Radeon Pro VII.

Just wanna know if I should be ordering adapters so that I have what I need when it arrives.

Much Thanks!

0 Likes
8 Replies
hubick
Adept I

A guy Marcus tweeted he got one, so I sent him a PM, and he says his Pro VII came w two Mini-DP to regular DP adapters, and one single-link DVI one.

0 Likes
hubick
Adept I

So, the next question is, do the Mini-DP ports on the Radeon Pro VII support DP++, or do I need an active adapter for HDMI?

AMD, your website specifications could be better.

Edit: I ordered a Club 3D CAC-1180 active adapter.

0 Likes

DP++ is supported with DP 1.4 version and Radeon Pro VII had 6x mDP 1.4. What are you trying to achieve? to which HDMI version do you want to convert your DP signal? 

Thanks, I didn't know 1.4 implied ++.  I'm attempting to connect an HDMI 2.0 4K screen (40" QLED TV) at 60hz 4:4:4. The passive adapters I looked at all seemed to be labeled as only supporting DP 1.2 or more limited modes.

I believe the question here is 4K@60Hz 10bpc support with 4:4:4 color format. For this configuration an HDMI link speed of 24-48 Gbps is required, which translates ONLY to HDMI 2.1 and not HDMI 2.0

Source: HDMI Data Rates for 4K HDR 

pastedImage_2.png

Sorry, I misspoke - I just swapped my 55" HDR QLED for my older curved 40" 4K SDR so I'd have room for separate monitors on the sides, so I'm just running the HDMI link at SDR/8bpc, so it's fine at HDMI 2.0.

The Pro VII arrived, and I used the DP adapter in the box together with a Club3D CAC-1080 (until my mini-DP CAC-1180 shows up), and it's working great in 4K 60hz 4:4:4 8pbc.

Thanks!

0 Likes
fsadough

pastedImage_1.png

Great, where is that information from?  Is there something besides https://www.amd.com/en/products/professional-graphics/radeon-pro-vii  where I should be looking for info?  Thanks!

0 Likes