cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

davidmonzingo
Journeyman III

Radeon Pro Duo No Signal to Monitor

Just bought a new Radeon Pro Duo to upgrade my graphics card.  Follow all steps (outlined below) and cannot get signal to a monitor.

System Info:

AMD Radeon Pro Duo

Desktop

Windows 7, 64 bit

no driver yet installed (can't get that far)

Philips 246V5LHAB 24" LED Monitor, HDMI cable (also tried DV-I, no luck either)

Intel Dz68BC motherboard, Bios Version BCZ6810H.86A.0021.2011.0831.1555

Intel Core i7-2600K CPU @ 3.4 GHz

Corsair GS 700 Power Supply

16 GB Ram

I had a pair of Radeon 6950s crossfired, everything with my current setup has worked just fine for years.

I uninstalled drivers for the Radeons, powered down, disconnected all cords, removed the old cards, plugged power cables into new card, plugged new card in place securely, (the locking device fits as it should...) plugged all cords back into computer, powered on the computer.  Nothing seems amiss, except that no signal is being sent to the monitor.

The card seems to be getting power, the fan is spinning, all lights on the computer seem normal.

Powered down, unplugged, removed the card and reset it in place firmly but cautiously just in case I had not seated it correctly, still no luck.

Tried powering down the computer, unplugging everything, holding the power button for a minute then replugging and restarting... still no signal.

Removed the new graphics card and switched back to the Radeon graphics card, and everything works just fine... signal goes to the monitor and the computer is working as usual.

Not sure what else I should do.  As far as the specs read my system should support the card... my memory is the minimum that the card requires but I don't think that should prevent signal from reaching the monitor.

Help!

EDIT/SOLUTION:

Thanks very, very much...

It was INDEED the BIOS that needed to be updated.  I have never updated the BIOS since I put the computer together in 2011.  Was a bit messy, I feared that I bricked my system when it would not reboot after updating... but the computer gods smiled on me and with some back and forth the GPU finally sent signal to the monitor.  Took me another long stretch to get the drivers installed, but all is well that ends well.

Answering your question... I had a DV-I to hdmi cable plugged from motherboard to monitor... moot now, but I was just trying ANYTHING.

Thanks again!

0 Likes
1 Solution
jargon
Elite

I'm confused. There are no DVI ports on this card. Were you using a HDMI-to-DVI passive adapter, or were you testing the DP ports?

Before you remove the card from the motherboard, can you reset your BIOS, connect the display to the motherboard's HDMI port, then boot into Windows and check if the card is even detected in Device Manager? At that point you can also just connect the display to the card to see if anything happens. If not, then updating your motherboard BIOS may help it detect the card (please read the release notes for each BIOS version that you want to install).

I think that's basically all you can do. If the card still isn't being detected afterwards then it may be a dud. You should then contact the vendor for an exchange or refund or the manufacturer for an RMA.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
jargon
Elite

I'm confused. There are no DVI ports on this card. Were you using a HDMI-to-DVI passive adapter, or were you testing the DP ports?

Before you remove the card from the motherboard, can you reset your BIOS, connect the display to the motherboard's HDMI port, then boot into Windows and check if the card is even detected in Device Manager? At that point you can also just connect the display to the card to see if anything happens. If not, then updating your motherboard BIOS may help it detect the card (please read the release notes for each BIOS version that you want to install).

I think that's basically all you can do. If the card still isn't being detected afterwards then it may be a dud. You should then contact the vendor for an exchange or refund or the manufacturer for an RMA.

What AMD Model of Radeon Pro Duo do you have installed? WX Series?

0 Likes

I always recommend to update the Motherboard BIOS to the latest. It makes newer technology compatible.

You should mark jargon​ reply as "CORRECT" so that others in the future will know what fixed your computer and the thread can be closed out.

0 Likes