Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

Graphics

mot-k
Adept I

Re: Radeon HD 7850 Black screen

Jump to solution

Unfortunately neither disassembling nor a display port cable solved the problem πŸ˜•

I really think the card is broken. I noticed that I not only get a black screen when installing the driver but also the whole system freezes because I can't activate/deactivate num lock anymore for example once the screen is black.

0 Kudos
pokester
MVP

Jump to solution

To verify that it is hardware I would suggest you try loading a much older driver as I have seen lots of complaints similar and reports of ultra wide resolution issues. Maybe try 17.10.1 one of the older driver last know to be rock solid before a lot of the newest features were added to the drivers that fubar'd things for so many.

Good Luck!

0 Kudos
mot-k
Adept I

Jump to solution

I've installed the 17.10.1 driver but the problem persists: crash with black screen πŸ˜•

I will borrow another card to verify that this is the problem.

0 Kudos
albcm
Journeyman III

Jump to solution

I have the same issue

0 Kudos
pokester
MVP

Jump to solution

try 17.7.1

0 Kudos
mot-k
Adept I

Jump to solution

Still the same problem.. πŸ˜•

I couldn't get a hand on another card so far but it really seams to me, that my card is broken

albcm
Journeyman III

Jump to solution

Still same, I have tested install the original drivers in Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows 10, and I got the same black screen

0 Kudos
pokester
MVP

Jump to solution

are you running DDU from safe mode before installing the new driver? This is extremely important.

0 Kudos
pokester
MVP

Jump to solution

Run OCCT from ocbase_com. It will test power supply and gpu.

0 Kudos
amdmatt
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

It does sound like your card could be bad. Is it possible to try it on a different system to verify?

0 Kudos